PDA

View Full Version : Senario from last night....

Sluke
10-10-2004, 08:41 AM
During a 10+1 Party SNG last night I ran into the following situation. 3 players remain: Button had around 3000, Hero is SB with around 3000 and BB is around 2000. Blinds are 150/300. I'm dealt AA. Button folds and I complete. BB raises to 900 and I move all-in.

Is limping with AA the right play in this spot?? My only concern is a good player would have sniffed me out as this was the first time I had limped into a pot since the early stages.

jedi
10-10-2004, 10:24 AM
As with everything, it depends /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My only concern is a good player would have sniffed me out as this was the first time I had limped into a pot since the early stages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a good reason that you should put in your normal "Hey, I'm trying to steal the blinds 3-handed" raise. When a normally agressive player limps in this position, the warning bells are going off. Unless I had a monster hand in the BB like KK, I'm just checking it and seeing a flop. In your case, he either picked up a hand (in which case you would have gotten the money in the middle anyways), or he decided to bluff at this pot.