PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Pre-Flop Raise % and Overall Aggression

naphand
10-10-2004, 05:22 AM
Excellent response to the initial poll, thanks to all who took part. If you have not done so yet then please do here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1112986&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1).

The feedback suggests that pre-flop raise % (PFR) is more useful that pre-flop aggression factor, so this poll builds on that. The conditions are:

(1) You need to have voted in the first poll.
(2) You need to be a winning player, min 20K hands.
(3) USE YOUR REAL FIGURES FROM POKER TRACKER not guesstimates or what you think it should be.
(4) If you have a lot of lot of HU games, filter for 3-6 players for PFR%, otherwise results will be skewed.

For clarity, this poll concerns PRE-FLOP RAISE % and POST-FLOP AGGRESSION FACTOR (AF).

To get this data go to the "General Data" tab in PokerTracker and click the first "More Detail" button for the Player Summary field, and UN-CHECK the "Include Pre-flop numbers in Total Aggression Factor calculation" box at the top of the page.

Enter your figures below:

fyodor
10-10-2004, 07:16 AM
For the purposes of this poll (to meet the requirements) I used my numbers from 5/10. At 10/20 I only have 17,250 hands and unfortunately I am still down $275. When I get this number to positive I will be posting a "fyodor beat the rake!" thread. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

fyodor
10-10-2004, 07:28 AM
ps I don't believe there is a way to filter for number of players for the More Detail box. The Filters selection on the General Info tab does not affect these figures. It is only for Known Starting Hands.

If it were possible I think 4 or 5 to 6 would be slightly more relevant than 3-6 but if most of you have a similar ratio of avg. no. of players at the table as I do, the effect should be minimal.

naphand
10-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Yes you are right - but you can still filter for the PFR% by using the filter and checking the total figure in the table below the summary box, in General Data.

AF we cannot do much about, it always uses all hands.

naphand
10-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know how to export hands from PT by number of opponents?. I would love to export my HU hands to a separate DB, and also remove them from the general database, because it really screws up the figs on a session with a lot of HU.

I have not found any way to do this yet. Would be a nice feature Pat... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hawkeye27
10-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Only 10K hands and .7/100, but FWIW 12.5% PF and 2.67 post flop AF. I didnt do the poll, so please postthe results.

Thanks

Schneids
10-10-2004, 06:52 PM
I answered 14-17 PFR and 2.5-3.5 AF.

Nikla
10-10-2004, 10:55 PM
17-20 and 2.5-3.5. You're so tight, schneider /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nemesis
10-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah i'm 18% PFR and 3.4 postflop agression rating maybe overdoing it some /images/graemlins/smile.gif

naphand
10-11-2004, 03:15 PM
WTF? Who voted in the AF poll but not the PFR%<font color="white">..</font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anyone have a preference for the next poll? We have

AF on all streets.
W$WSF plus SawFlopNotABlind
WentToSD plus Won$AtSD

We could also consider folding SB/BB to steal, attempts to steal blinds, V$from SB.

In short, for those involved in the discussion in the original thread or for anyone interesting on formulating profiles in PT, which of these factors do we consider valuable in this respect.

naphand
10-11-2004, 03:47 PM
First of all, don't be so bloody selfish. All you had to do was post a request to see the results... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I should have seen this coming, I suppose.

The 2 polls conducted to date, I cannot force them to be viewable, however,

<font color="red">I WILL POST THE RESULTS OF BOTH POLLS CONDUCTED TO DATE ALONGSIDE THE NEXT POLL</font>

and

<font color="red">RESULTS OF FUTURE POLLS WILL BE SHOWN WITHOUT THE NEED TO VOTE</font>

To satisfy those too curious to know, but too dumb to ask.

However, for those that did this you can be happy in the knowledge that we have no way of knowing how many people voted who do not meet the criteria and thereby whose figures are invalid. Thanks guys, your actions invalidate the results. Good thinking.

TJD
10-11-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a preference for the next poll? We have

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see my post in teh "do starting hands matter" thread, you will see that I made some points about AF.

I would like to see "total of raise% and bet%" (by street if you like. THIS is the only true measure of aggression.

Cheers

trevor

joker122
10-11-2004, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AF on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm worried about my flop AF, which is 4.65 /images/graemlins/confused.gif