PDA

View Full Version : Too tight or just right?

edthayer
10-10-2004, 01:57 AM
Hero has KK in MP2. UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, folded to Hero, Hero 3-bets, folded to CO. CO calls, folded back to UTG+1, who calls.

Flop:
A Q 4 rainbow.

Checked to Hero. Hero bets, CO calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds...

Cerril
10-10-2004, 02:16 AM
I despise these hands. I think the line is to call one raise here but fold two. However, in this situation with one to act behind me I'd believe his ace.

hmohnphd
10-10-2004, 02:26 AM
Maybe this is giving away bets, but unless I think CO is extra liable to 3-bet here, I call and try to spike a K. I didn't calculate the exact pot size here, and I would guess I'm not getting the odds to call. But the implied odds of hitting a K and me hating to fold to one raise on the flop makes me call.

arabie
10-10-2004, 03:04 AM
definitely too tight. You must at least call one small bet. The pot is decently large and there is an easy potential for a bluff or a smaller pocket pair. You shouldn't have bet if you were not willing to call a raise. Two bets is a different story and, depending on the turn card and the turns action, you should then consider folding. However, for one small bet i don't think you have a mathematical choice..

edthayer
10-10-2004, 03:22 AM
I was too quick to give him credit for an ace? The problem I had was that darn CO acting after me. If it were HU, I may have tried 3-betting the flop, checking the turn, and calling a river bet for a cheap showdown. With the CO after me, this plan could easily fall apart.

joker122
10-10-2004, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, for one small bet i don't think you have a mathematical choice..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the mathematical choice is pretty obvious: hero's not getting anywhere near the pot odds to try to spike his 2 outter. If we are convinced UTG has an ace then the only option is to fold to his CR. Whether he has an ace is a whole other argument though. I think it's pretty safe to say he does. The fact that he CRed your flop bet AFTER the CO called should make it pretty clear that this isn't a bluff.

joker122
10-10-2004, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With the CO after me, this plan could easily fall apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. CO's presence changes everything. Also, there's no shame in folding this flop HU (assuming the same action) IMO.