PDA

View Full Version : 66 against a short stack

Cerril
10-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I noticed the villain had less than 3BB in front of him, and suspected him of chip dumping. What's the play given that and his LAG tendencies, and what if he had a healthy stack?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Cerril is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Cerril calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> calls, SB completes, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Cerril bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises</font>, SB folds, Cerril calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, between Cerril, CO and LAG.</font>

StellarWind
10-10-2004, 12:45 AM
A LAG shortstack will probably bet this flop from the button. Checkraise the flop to protect your hand.

If you get heads up be sure to keep betting your hand so that all of his chips go in. You know he's going to put them in when he is beating you, so don't give him any choice about what happens. The effect of his shortstack is that he cannot punish your play by raising you. Raising gets all the chips in a little faster but it doesn't change anything.

Cerril
10-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Turn, I notice that LAG has less than 1.5BB in front of him, so I checkraise there and get him all-in and the CO folds.

It's only two way to the river with him all in.