PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis is a morgue with dead Twins fans

whiskeytown
10-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I work downtown tonight - and was going and getting food about 30 min. after the boys choked and gave it to the Yankees...

cars are bumper to bumper past my building - (directly west of the Dome a few blocks, and both streets lead to freeways west of here) - cars and headlights backed up trying to get out of downtown.

tons of cars...dead silent - like someone died - and I guess we did - never heard it so eeriely quiet with so many cars.

RB

Uston
10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Plus, did you see the end of the Michigan/Minnesota game? I hope, for the sake of those poor bastards, that the Vikings win tomorrow.

whiskeytown
10-09-2004, 10:06 PM
good thing the liquor stores are closed on Sun....the bars could be busy afterwards tho...

RB

Thythe
10-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Being from Minnesota myself I am devastated. I just hope you all can sleep at night, I know I, and probably Juan Rincon can't...

Boris
10-10-2004, 02:31 AM
I felt really bad for the Twinkie fans when I was watching the game. You could tell their hearts were in that game. In Oakland we are used to the team blowing it so maybe it doesn't hurt as bad. As far as second guessing goes I think you have to place much of the blame on Blanco. He called like 14 pitches in a row on the outside. Rincon hung a slider there but I dont think Sierra crushes that pitch unless he is looking outside.

Dynasty
10-10-2004, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You could tell their hearts were in that game. In Oakland we are used to the team blowing it so maybe it doesn't hurt as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Twins have won three division titles in a row but have been knocked out in the first round in the last two seasonos. Both times, it was against the Yankees and the Twins are 0-4 at home in those series. I'm sure Twins fans are getting that special frustration that comes with making the playoffs and then getting knocked out quickly.

In 2002, getting beat by the Angels in the ALCS hurt but Twins fans had to be happy overall since it was the first time they had made the playoffs in eleven year. In 2003 and 2004, it just sucked to get knocked out in the ALDS.

tek
10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
The Twins are catching Viking-itus /images/graemlins/mad.gif

andyfox
10-11-2004, 01:02 AM
And they won game won in both 2003 and 2004.

I don't understand taking Santana out after five innings. You need to win this game down 2 to 1. That's why Santana is in there. He goes seven, then Nathan in the 8th and 9th and it's back to New York.

Thythe
10-11-2004, 03:07 AM
Santana only 5 innings was a bad move for sure.

fryKing
10-11-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And they won game won in both 2003 and 2004.

I don't understand taking Santana out after five innings. You need to win this game down 2 to 1. That's why Santana is in there. He goes seven, then Nathan in the 8th and 9th and it's back to New York.

[/ QUOTE ]

Santana tells skip, "I'm done" (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/240637p-206394c.html)

andyfox
10-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I read the article. He didn't say, "I'm done." Gardenhire said, "He told me he was tired, but he would go at least one more (inning). But as the inning went along, you could see he was done."

Huh? As the Twins were hitting you could see he was done?