PDA

View Full Version : 5 Innings?

Toro
10-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Did it make sense to start Santana if he could only go 5 innings? Even if they pull this out, they still got to win another game.

SnakeRat
10-09-2004, 08:39 PM
I think they have to start him. They can worry about game 5 if they make it to game 5.

Non_Comformist
10-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I think the line of thought was this- "We are up 5-1 here, if I pull Santana now then he may be available for a couple of innings in game 5" OOPS.

Dynasty
10-09-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did it make sense to start Santana if he could only go 5 innings? Even if they pull this out, they still got to win another game.

[/ QUOTE ]

They started Santana in game 4 so that they could start Radke in game 5.

andyfox
10-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Horrible decision by the manager. The game needs to be won. You're down 2 games to 1. Your best pitcher doesn't come out after five easy innings. He goes 7 and then your best reliever goes in for innings 8 and 9.

Then the manager blames his sixty-three year old catcher for not blocking the wild pitch. How about reminding your pitcher to keep an eye on the man on second before he stole third without a throw?

The Twins also ran the bases horribly in the series. Simply too many men thrown out at second and third. This is because they played the Yankees like they were regular season games against a mediocre team. Kansas City did this in 1976, 1977, and 1978 with the same results.