PDA

View Full Version : Warped KEM cards

tizim
10-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I just ordered my first set of KEM cards off of Ebay, and they're great. However, one of my decks came warped in a U-shape. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it, but when you look at it from the side, you can tell the card is arched, and when you lay a card on the table, the sides of the card are not touching the table.

This isn't that big of a deal, but if I'm going to be using these for years, I'd rather not have them warped, of course.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I'm thinking of putting the cards in hot water for a few seconds, then resting a weight on top of them to flatten them, but obviously this also runs the risk of ruining them useless.

I could always ask the seller for an exchange, but this is Ebay we're talking about, and I'd rather not go through the hassle of arranging an exchange if it's possible to fix them.

Thanks in advance!

caser85
10-09-2004, 08:40 PM
I just got a set of KEM cards the other day on eBay. I don't think they should be warped at all. It might be hard to fix. I would honestly talk to the seller and let them know you want an exchange. You should only have to mail that deck to them and they should send you new ones. I wouldn't try and fix the cards myself.

Damageinc333
10-10-2004, 01:50 AM
those warped cards are ruined. I had a set of arrow kem cards and I washed them in water (completly submerged them) In ignorance i didnt read the care instructions so this is completly my fault. what happened was after i dried them they became warped like you describe. they were not like this pre-wash. After reading into it, I found Kem cards are have a coating on them. I apparently washed this coating off of them. The water i used was hot, so the heat may have had something to do with this as well. So if you cards got hot during shippment this may have caused this, I dont know.

italianstang
10-10-2004, 04:28 PM
I had some warped KEMs too, I tried a few things, holding them over heat, putting them under heavy books overnight, praying, nothing helped. I MUCH prefer A+ cards over KEM anyway.

MIKSEN
10-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I have 3-4 warped decks, unfortunately heat & humidity in a garage that only has ac on poker night is not the place to keep them. So I bring them inside & so far they have not warped anymore. PS tried keeping them in the fridge & it did not help, Books, 45 lb plates nothing if they warp your done...

tizim
10-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the input, I'll try to get an exchange from the seller.

StevieG
10-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Try shuffling them. A lot.

I gave my mother a double deck of Kem pinochle cards for Mother's Day (the family that plays cards together...). One night playing someone spilled a glass of water on one deck and they curled up as described.

My uncles spent a good half hour shuffling to bend them back into shape. It worked.

Your mileage may vary.

-SG

submariner
10-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Would KEM replace them?

Bulldog
10-11-2004, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had some warped KEMs too, I tried a few things, holding them over heat, putting them under heavy books overnight, praying, nothing helped. I MUCH prefer A+ cards over KEM anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got three Copag setups and everyone in my home game prefers them to the KEMs.

bingledork
10-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I washed my KEM cards in water.
Some of them warped when I did this.
I air-dried them and placed them under some heavy books for a day.

Now they're fine again.