PDA

View Full Version : Turn, heads up with outs, a set and position

sublime
10-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Loose/Agrressive 6 handed 5/10 game. SB is in to many hands, but I was posting on the forums (I gotta stop that) and playing another table so thats about the only read I have.

Hero is CO with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and is folded to. I raise. button(seems coherant) folds SB calls(not surprised) and BB calls.

3 to the flop for 6 SB's

T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me and I bet. SB calls and BB folds.

2 to turn 4 BB's

6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, hero?

I think obvious bet (10 outs and may get a beter hand to fold), but I am also probably overaggressive heads up so am just checking in with my weekly post /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jrobb83
10-09-2004, 03:41 PM
The only time I can think that not betting would be correct is that the sb would never fold a flush, and check-raise you with almost half of them. Oh, and not call you with worse hands that often.

Otherwise fire away.

Cerril
10-09-2004, 04:03 PM
If he'd fold without a spade that's not a bad thing (since he's still drawing 9 outs to a split pot), especially if he'd hold on to some hands with one.

Betting seems good all around to give him a chance to fold better hands. I really don't see any reason to give him a free card anyway unless you feel like he might c/r you here.

Alobar
10-09-2004, 04:45 PM
I think I more than likely check this flop. The flop is horrble, there are 2 broadway cards, straight draws, and obviosuly the flush. The SB sounds like the type of player to call with most anything, you wont know if they are calling you down with a spade, or just passive with their Q or T, yous pair is small, so there are a bazillion overcards to beat you that they can back into while chasing whatever draw they are on. I dont see you winning this pot often enough with a flop bet to make it worthwhile.

The turn is entirely read dependant. Will the SB fold a small spade? doubtful if he called the flop with his small spade. Will he call with his pair and no spade? or will he now fold? Will he checkraise bluff? will he cheackraise any spade? Will a check induce a bluff on the river?

sfer
10-09-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think obvious bet (10 outs and may get a beter hand to fold), but I am also probably overaggressive heads up so am just checking in with my weekly post

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add that from your description he's calling with a wide assortment of worse hands.

sublime
10-09-2004, 05:11 PM
You forgot to add that from your description he's calling with a wide assortment of worse hands.

In my experiance a 4 flush usually scares away weak "call down" type hands.

sublime
10-09-2004, 05:13 PM
I think I more than likely check this flop. The flop is horrble, there are 2 broadway cards, straight draws, and obviosuly the flush.

Which are just as scary to my opponents as they are to me.

rgreenm90
10-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Doesn't matter, just Cowboy Up. Come on, Big Papi.

sublime
10-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Doesn't matter, just Cowboy Up. Come on, Big Papi.

lol, thanks Millar /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anybody who has seen me play or read enough of my posts knows I did bet here. I got check raised, which led me to post this even though I am pretty confident betting is correct.

Alobar
10-09-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I more than likely check this flop. The flop is horrble, there are 2 broadway cards, straight draws, and obviosuly the flush.

Which are just as scary to my opponents as they are to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not checking this flop because its scary, im checking because it is likely to have hit one of them in some way and my bet isnt taking down the pot, and it isnt improving my chances to win it on the turn any

Trix
10-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Easy bet, he will call worse hands and you dont want to give a free split.

Joe Tall
10-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Hero?

Bets or burns all his poker books and closes his accounts.

Peace,
Joe Tall

klagett
10-09-2004, 09:29 PM
I have to agree with betting when you hit your set.