PDA

View Full Version : QQ, stop and go by UTG on all streets

MHarris
10-09-2004, 12:51 PM
UTG seems a little LAGish PF, but I haven't seen him get out of line postflop too much.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.
Is calling the right option here? I'm not sure how strong UTG is since I didn't get 3-bet on the turn, and I considered raising but couldn't find a compelling reason to do so.

Final Pot: 16 BB

pokerkai
10-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I raise the river on that blank. Partially for value and partially because its very difficult for him to 3 bet you here with any hand except the flopped straight or 99

I think you see a 6 or pp like 55, 77, 88 most of the time.

gamblore99
10-09-2004, 01:13 PM
how about because you very mostly likely have the best hand, and theres a good chance the sb will not go for the overcall, so your more likley to gain the extra bet by raising.

Alobar
10-09-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how about because you very mostly likely have the best hand, and theres a good chance the sb will not go for the overcall, so your more likley to gain the extra bet by raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

who says the SB isnt going for the overcall? I just call here as well, people generally dont stop and go all 3 streets with just a pair, its usually some crappy 2 pair or something. just call, hope you get get the overcall, and hope your hand is still good.

gamblore99
10-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Alobar 1 gamblore 0