PDA

View Full Version : A different way to play AA?

tempest7178
10-09-2004, 12:10 PM
Since changing my style to become more aggressive preflop and post flop I have been pushing marginal hands more and also pushing my big pairs more. Did I overplay any or all of these hands? FYI, my reads in almost all of these were fairly loose-passives who wouldn't play back without a "hand".

Hand 1
Hero has AA

UTG folds, hero raises, Button CC, SB CC, BB folds.

Flop 922
SB check, Hero bet, Btn raise, SB fold, Hero call

Turn 9
Hero check, Btn bet, Hero raise, Btn call

River Q
Hero bets...

Hand 2
3 folds, SB raises, HEro 3bets in BB, SB calls

Flop 755 2 hearts
SB check, Hero bets, SB calls

Turn Qh
SB check,Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls

River 7
SB bets, Hero raises...

Hand 3
UTG folds, Hero raises, CO CC, everyone else folds

Flop K33
Hero bets, CO calls

turn 2
Hero bets, CO calls

River 5
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero re-raises...

Hand 4
Hero raises with AsAh, UTG+1 folds, CO CC, Btn folds, SB CC, BB 3bets, Hero caps, all call.

Flop Jd 5d 9h
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, CO 3bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero caps, all call.

Turn is 2d
SB bets, BB calls, Hero folds...

Hand 5
CO folds Btn raises, Hero 3bets with AA, BB folds, Btn caps, Hero calls

Flop K 7 4
Hero bets, CO calls

Turn 3
Hero checks, CO checks

River 6
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero re-raises...

DrGutshot
10-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Hand 1. I play it the same, I think 90% of the time you will see a pocket pair, often TT. He is an absolute moron if he didn't 3 bet the turn with a 9. However, if he 3bets, are you folding that turn?

Hand 2. overplayed I think... he has one of four hands on the turn, a 5, a good Q, a flush, or a complete bluff. I think you should just call down, because IF he is bluffing, he will continue on the river. Also - if he has a flush, 5, or 7, he WILL call your river raise. The only hands where you will get that extra value bet in is if he has a strong queen, which I think will be <50% of the time. In addition, if he does have a 7, are you going to fold to a 3bet?

Hand 3. As long as you don't have a note on this guy that he CC with anysuited, anyconnector, etc. then I think this 3bet is good. You wil usually see a good king. If I am capped, I cry like a little girl and call it.

Hand 4. Very tough...I am still arguing with myself about what to do here...if the SB hasn't been out of line earlier, I think a fold is correct. However, if you think that he is capable of pulling this bizzare bluff, then a crying calldown should be the plan. What strikes me as strange is that most people that turn the flush here would go for the C/R...all in all, I would be very confused, but probably fold it.

Hand 5. I think a call is best here. He knows that you are in the blinds and could have a 5, so his raise is very reckless if he doesn't have at LEAST two pair. Occasionally you will get an extra bet out of a sneakily played king, but I don't think it makes up for the times he has twopair/straight. Also, there's no way he's folding two pair here.

-DrG