PDA

View Full Version : Taunting

Clarkmeister
10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm leaving for LA soon to watch the Cards finish off the Dodgers. So since I'll be gone for a few days I'd like to pre-taunt several groups of people.

1. Dodger fans. Pray I make it to the games because we are 6-2 vs. the Dodgers this year. Our two losses came with me personally in attendance. So with Clark there, the Dodgers are 2-0 with an average margin of victory of 1 run. Without Clark, the Dodgers are 0-6 with an average margin of defeat of like 5 runs.

2. Dodger fans: Thanks for coming out, you have a great young manager and a good core. Make sure you re-sign Beltre. We appreciate the way your team ushers us forward in the playoffs whenever we meet in the postseason.

3. Astro fans. Your team sucks, you couldn't beat the stinking Braves. That's pathetic.

4. (In case the Astros luck out). Unfortunately for you, Astro fan, we won't be starting our AAA team in the NLCS like we did the last week of the season. Do you seriously think we would have allowed you to beat up on our minor leaguers if we were at all afraid of you in the postseason. Prepare to get lit up as you face a real team. If you let Furcal go deep on you, good lord what do you think this lineup is going to do?

5. Braves fans: There are no Braves fans, I won't waste my breath. Make sure to leave 10,000 empty seats/home game in the NLCS. Cardinal fans will scoop them up quickly.

6. Boston fans: Man, it's got to suck knowing what's about to happen over the next week against the Yankees.

That should cover it. Later.

Go Cardinals! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Dude
10-09-2004, 04:27 PM
You suck. Go away.

scrub
10-09-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Boston fans: Man, it's got to suck knowing what's about to happen over the next week against the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, part of the fun of being a Sox fan is the tension between wanting to think this is the year and the knowledge that they're just going to break your heart again.

Plus, I think there's a pretty good chance the Cards will beat us even if we make it to the series.

scrub

GuyOnTilt
10-09-2004, 05:24 PM
You know what Clark? You've almost made me want to root for the Cards just so I can point and laugh at you when my team kicks their asses.

Go 'Stros!!!

GoT

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Worst possible outcome for Sox fans:

Twins beat Yankees. Sox beat Twins.

Sox vs. Astros Series. Astros win in 7, Clemens gets 2 wins, Jeff Bagwell is MVP.

Now, there's a nightmare.

scrub
10-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Exactly.

Any scenario where the Twins beat the Yanks has the potential for an incredibly depressing series, but that one is a doozie...

scrub

Toro
10-09-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst possible outcome for Sox fans:

Twins beat Yankees. Sox beat Twins.

Sox vs. Astros Series. Astros win in 7, Clemens gets 2 wins, Jeff Bagwell is MVP.

Now, there's a nightmare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we get Larry Anderson out of retirement to face Bagwell?