PDA

View Full Version : Where after pacific for PT & still Micro

Wizbangs
10-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I'm a complete poker newbie, with a plan of one year, to get my head around the game and *eventually* play LL $3/$6 multi table.

I've played a few 100 hours between Pacific real money .05/.10 and Wilson's HE. Got Lee Jones, SSH, TOP and am an avid reader here.

PokerTracker seems the obvious next step. That means moving from pacific. Which site would you guys recommend please?

My thought is to gradually work up thru the microlimits. Is that the wisest course? (I admit tho that Party looks mighty tempting.LOL.)

Wizbangs

Mangatang
10-09-2004, 10:56 AM
My advice has always been to say at Pacific and work your way up the micro limits, even though they don't have Poker Tracker. Pacific allows you to work your way up the limits as your bankroll grows, because they have .05/.10, .10/.20, .25/.50.

Most the other sites with micro-limits only have one really small micro-limit, then it jumps up to .50/1. At Pacific, you can move up a limit whenever you hit 300 big bets of the next level.

I've spelled out the exact plan that I followed to turn my $20 deposit into over $2,000 on Pacific on my site www.KingsCascade.com (http://www.KingsCascade.com) Go to the "Playing Online" page then go to "Mangatang's Step-by-Step Plan".

After you have built a good sized bankroll, then you can move over to one of the other sites that supports Poker Tracker. Or do like I did and keep a few thousand on Pacific and a few thousand on Party/Empier, so you can mult-table.

Greg J
10-09-2004, 11:59 AM
My advise is to try Paradise. The games are nearly as good, and when you take into consideration that you can play more hands there, more lucrative in BB/time spent playing (not per hand -- if that makes sense). Plus, if you want to learn to multitable then Paradise is probably also good for you.

Simply put, next to Pacific, Paradise has THE softest nanolimit games out there. It is still a very beatable game there. Seriously, the games are Snuggle bear soft.

If you work hard you can build up a legitimate bankroll playing .05/.1 nanolimits. Mangatang did. And so have I. Sounds like you are on the right track. I would suggest you also post some hands on the micro forum. We are in the business of helping beginners there.

Wizbangs
10-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks Guys,

I shall go with Paradise and keep Pacific too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In time, I'm sure I'll be posting hands.

Wizbangs

Greg J
10-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh and Paradise is definately PT compatable.

derick
10-12-2004, 12:49 PM
I am doing the opposite of what the probably more intelligent posters above are doing. I scratched together $200 and took advantage of the 50% bonus in Ultimate bet, Party and Paradise.

On Party I've lost $35 but I've made $187 in bonus money playing .5/1 limit holdem.

So even though I'm losing $1/100 hands I'm making it up through bonuses.

Next I plan to take advantage of Empire's bonus.