PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck or Bad Play?

Action Scott
10-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Need quick analysis if this was correct play or not. UB $5 rebuy last night, started w/ 250 people, after 1st break, down to about 130, huge prize pool w/ all the rebuys ($1000 for 1st) I did not rebuy or add on. I'm up to about 3k. Before the cards are dealt, some guy says he's has to leave and is going all in (this is before the cards are dealt) I'm dealt poket 9's. I call the BB to see what he does, he goes all-in, it's folded to me. I call (figure 9's are better than a random hand). Guy after me calls too. We all have approx. same amount of chips. I was very excited to see them turn over 8-4os and K-9os respectively. However, flop comes 8-4-2, turn 5, river K. I lose the big main pot and the small side pot. If I win, I'm top 5 in chip leaders, and i play conservatively, so it would have lasted. Was this the right play, or a chance I should have stayed away from. Your advice is appreciated.

Action Scott
10-09-2004, 09:57 AM
In case you were wondering, blinds were 50/100, I had about an average or slightly below stack (3k).

Smasharoo
10-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Bad beat story /images/graemlins/smile.gif

willie
10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
beware someone sayin that the yha ve to leave then pushing in.

there was a 2 +2er sayin he'd do this with monster hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif