PDA

View Full Version : thinking long and hard on the turn.

MoDOH
10-09-2004, 06:54 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

a bit loose pf I agree but what about the river? UTG thought a looong time before he called my raise on the turn...

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero...?

bakku
10-09-2004, 06:59 AM
I really don't like the PF call. I hope you bet the river.

Rudbaeck
10-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Hero bets the river.

Alexthegreat
10-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet
Bet

bisonbison
10-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Dear sweet jesus, bet the river.

Gatts
10-10-2004, 05:32 AM
If you don't bet this river, give your bankroll to someone who will.

MoDOH
10-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Heh, looking at the hand it looks pretty retarded not to bet this river. Especially since his thinking on the Turn could mean anything and least likely to mean that he was thinking about folding a flush draw... But during this hand I just got this feeling that he was on a flush draw.

I did bet this river and called UTG:s raise, and of course he showed me his flush...

Now the thing is that when I get a "feeling" about what a opponent is holding I try to ignore it as I know that itīs the weak part of me speaking.

"Hey peter heīs got the trips, check this turn or you will be CR"

that sort of stuff you know. Fighting this inner voice is something I think all of us do on our way to be TAG:s...

so although this hand in the post was a bad example I think what I was trying to say is this,

Do you guys ever listen to that inner voice of yours that try to convince you that there really are monsters under the bed?

Frightenly often my inner voice are correct too...

"I told you should have checked dumbass, now look at the trouble you got us in. Just check the next time I tell you so, mmmmk?"