PDA

View Full Version : 101 PokerStars SNGs Progress ($10+1)

TheMetetron
10-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Finished up my first 101 (meant to do 100, but played an extra one on accident) $10+1 sit and go's at PS and here are my results:

1st - 14.9%
2nd - 18.8%
3rd - 16.8%
4th - 9.9%
5th - 15.8%
6th - 7.9%
7th - 10.9%
8th - 3.0%
9th - 2.0%

ITM - 50.5%
ROI - 34.5%
Avg. Finish - 3.87

$/tourney - $3.79
Profit - $383

How do these numbers look so far? I know, it's too early to tell a whole lot statistically. Any feedback is appreciated or anything you notice that looks odd.

SlowStroke
10-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Take your $383 profit and start playing the $20+$2 SNGs immediately.

Many players expect big jumps in skill levels as they move up. In reality the level of play is about the same. If you expect to see better players you will just intimidate yourself. Continue playing your regular game and you'll be fine.

Please report back after your first 100 $20+$2

Good luck.

TheMetetron
10-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Anyone else have an opinion? Is this really enough of a sample to tell if I am ready to move up?

Augie
10-10-2004, 02:13 AM
I think you can safely move up. Your sample size isn't large enough to give you a correct idea of your real ROI, but 100 games is enough to know if you are beating the $11 level, IMHO.

Give the $22s a shot, and just be willing to move back down if it isn't working out.

I think the better players are usually striving to get into bigger games, and this can often involve 'taking a shot', or even moving up without any hard long term data to know if they can win at that limit or even if their bankroll is a bit short.

This may seem to contradict the usual advice you might find on this forum - make sure you have a deep bankroll, and put in a lot of hours to know where your win rate is at, etc. However, the good players who take these chances are always willing to Immediately move down if it doesn't appear favorable (and that could mean after 1 session, though with SNGs you will probably want to play at least 15-20 at the higher level).

Then again, maybe it is best to play it safe. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Augie

TheMetetron
10-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Alright, well I'm taking the shot and we will see how it works. I'll report back after 20-25 or so games.

housenuts
10-10-2004, 03:49 AM
i moved up to the 22s after repeated success at the 11s. although i only did 7 or 8 i didn't have as much success and found them to be alot harder. 2 2nds, and out of the money the other times. i dropped back down to 11s to build my confidence back up.

the main difference i found was once it got down to 5 players or so, everyone seemed competent.

rachelwxm
10-10-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the main difference i found was once it got down to 5 players or so, everyone seemed competent.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true from my observation. At 20s, there are still 2-3 out of 10 people clueless and usually finish before 5-6 handed and bubble play is usually reasonable at 20 levels. While at 10 level sometimes lucky big stack know very little about odds.

FishBurger
10-10-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take your $383 profit and start playing the $20+$2 SNGs immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

A $383 roll isn't enough to play the twenties. You should start with at least $400 and $500 would be even better.

Also, when you do decide to move up, you don't have to stop playing the $10s. When I decided to move up, I would play one $20 for every two or three $10s. This kept my bankroll from swinging too wildly while I was getting used to the $20s. I still play the $10s today (after over a year of online experience) during the times when there are less people online and the $20s are tigther.

My advice to you would be to stick with the $10s while playing the occassional twenty. If you can, try to play the twenty dollar tourneys during the evening when more people are online and the players are weaker.

My motto: It is better to win $10 slowly than to lose $20 quickly.

TheMetetron
10-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Yeah I am noticing a lot less idiots, making me play really solid poker to money. I can do it, but I am not used to have to concentrate this much /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think I'm going to stick to playing both of them and hopefully my confidence going and keep my roll from getting killed if things go bad in the 22's.