PDA

View Full Version : the Whiskeytown Poker Tour

whiskeytown
10-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Ok....crunch time - it's time to forget the OIC (open internet challenge) - and the World Poker Tour, and the EPT, and the WSOP....these are meaningless drivel compared to the greatness that is to come..

It's time for the Whiskeytown Poker Tour (WTPT) -

a tour of several different limits and sites with the ultimate goal of breaking even for the year. Can 6 weeks of focus undo 6 months of drunken bad behavior?

Let's take a look at our events...in his first yr. of keeping records, WT has racked up the minisicule loss of -1260 dollars this year playing poker - mostly drunk or too loose - we're gonna try to change that by focusing on the red columns in his spreadsheet and try to wipe that out.

first off - raked games -
the columns (which format like crap around here) are as follows
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
limit - money lost - hrs played - bb/hr lost
0.5/1 $48 75 $1
1/2 $12 34 $0
2/4 $152 58 $3
3/6 $236 56 $4
4/8 $319 106 $3
5/10 $908 26 $35
6/12 $784 14 $55
</pre><hr />
There's also a little matter of being down 64 bucks in .25/.50NL raked games, but it's such a small fraction of hrs played (17) that I don't consider it the issue the raked games are. - and we're up in two other NL categories, so I don't consider it a hole - maybe we'll offer it as an event next year.

With the exception of the last two limits, all losses have been under 1BB/hr, so we're hoping that with a renewed dedication to aggressive, tight limit play, that these minor blips (at least up to 4/8 if not a bit higher) can be wiped out and put back in positive expectation. To be honest, the obliteration of the first 5 columns and then the 5/10 or 6/12 column would make us even for the year....but we have other fish we can gut.

Tournaments - the following tourneys were a loss for the yr. MTT NL and Satellites were positive expectation at about $8/hr, but we took a beating in the following games -
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
limit - money lost - hrs played - bb/hr lost

SNG NL $349 118 $3
MTT PL $765 58 $13
MTT L $281 88 $3
</pre><hr />
This is an indication of poor post flop play in these tourneys as well as looser starting standards that I need to knock off - already a focus has been underway to reduce the SNG NL game (up 100 bucks in 10 days with almost a 50% ROI on $10+1 SNG's) - so I'd like to take out at least one of these. - BUT, decent performance in wiping out my losses up to 4/8 plus the SNG's should bring me within 120 bucks of my goal....and while I can probably take said bankroll and reduce 5/10 or 6/12 losses, that is the last thing on the list...if I can, I will, and if I can't, I won't.

And if I can repeat my big NL tourney wins, I will try, but I'm keeping myself limited to $36 satellites or tourneys under $33 dollars - no big ones that use up $200 of the roll.

And no more Party Poker - too many damned fish and the swings are too big - I want to win here....damnit!

all events will be attempted online except 4/8 and 6/12 - where the limits require a trip to Canterbury.

Updates will be posted - there are 6 weeks in the WTPT, and approx 4 nights/week in which competition can take place, so damnit...gotta get a move on -

Support Whiskeytown in his goal of being a positive winning poker player for the year!!!! - Support the WTPT.

RB

chrisdhal
10-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Good luck!!

whiskeytown
10-25-2004, 07:53 AM
a couple nice performances in limit tourneys (well,...only about 80 bucks profit) plus a nice $400 run on my last 5 live visits have wiped out the 3/6 column on my spreadsheet and taken a big chunk out of the 4/8 column.

Goal: - to undo 6 months of drunken/overly passive play in 10 weeks.... -

number to reach to win - 1260 dollars.

Number left - - 909 dollars.

yah baby... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB