PDA

View Full Version : Why Axs is +EV!!! DEFINITIVE PROOF!

Ajax410
10-09-2004, 04:11 AM
So, in the interest of starting another thread about why Axs is a profitable hand, I decided to show how I avoid -EV situations with this hand. This is a pretty simple and straightforward decision on my part - but it is one that I see players at micro tables screw up all the time. If you call with a speculative hand like Axs or Kxs and you flop top pair, you can't be comfortable with your hand...especially against a big field where it is likely you are beat. The fact is, if faced with aggressive opponents, you need to FOLD to make hands like these moneymakers.

Like I said, this particular decision is an easy one, but I hope you all understand the thinking behind it - I think its as clear-cut an example of how a player benefits from understanding the weakness of his hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Entity
10-09-2004, 04:13 AM
Was the decision made even easier by the fact that CO was a 2+2er, and so was UTG? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif:D

BTW, excellent fold.

Rob

Ajax410
10-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Of course...but why did you have to make that information available to the naysayers? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Entity
10-09-2004, 04:15 AM
I can delete it if you like, or we can edit our posts to something innocuous.

I know you would've made the fold against other people as well. So would I. Reverse implied odds suck, neh?

Rob

sin808
10-09-2004, 05:28 AM
What would you do if there hadn't been a pf raise? same, or does that change it for you?

Ajax410
10-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Good question. I'm not entirely sure.

If the texture of the hand is different, it really depends more on my reads. The raise is certainly helpful in knowing where I stand - but the fact is, Axs is not a hand that can ever call two bets without at least two pair.