PDA

View Full Version : Flop problems with bottom two pair

DougThor
10-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (17 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Went for check raise on flop but didn't know what to do with the LP raise. Don't know about my reraise. After that, not sure...

easypete
10-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Bet the flop... You don't want this to get checked around and your hand is probably best now.

Use a c/r when you know who is going to bet and what you want the c/r to accomplish... Do you want to eliminate players or build a pot? Since you really don't know any of this, I would just bet this flop.

As for the rest of it... looks good.

StellarWind
10-09-2004, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but didn't know what to do with the LP raise

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why you should bet the flop. That and it might check through.

sthief09
10-09-2004, 10:52 AM
I agree with the others about betting the flop, but Button's play here is very strange. he limped in, and then raised the flop. At this point I'd be putting him on something like top pair, big kicker, or top pair and a gut shot (65, A5), maybe 2 pair or a set, or good overcards with a gut shot (maybe he didn't raise AJ preflop). After you 3-bet he quiets down, so I'm thinking top pair, overcards with a gut shot, or a pair and gut shot.

Then on the turn he raises a complete blank (note that it didn't even bring up a flush draw). What could that mean? Well, it could mean slowplay I guess, but given his flop action that doesn't make much sense. That means he improved. What did he improve to? Among the hands I put him on, on the flop, it's possible that he made top 2 pair with T5, or that he paired one of his big cards. So at this point, I think the most probable hand for him to have is ATs, having raised a gut shot + backdoor flush draw + overcards on the flop, then raising the turn thinking his T is good.

Given that you have 2 other players that are likely chasing or drawing thin, I'd 3-bet the turn. I think that more often than not, you're ahead, the 2 other players subsidize your raise a lot and you have 4 outs that are usually good.