PDA

View Full Version : The Kerry Lies and Deceptions thread

GWB
10-09-2004, 12:29 AM
A thread on Kerry's Lies about multiple different topics. To start:

Kerry said, "The president has presided over an economy where we've lost 1.6 million jobs."

In fact, the actual figure is 821,000, with a further downward adjustment pending.

Why did he lie? What was the point?

GWB
10-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Did anyone notice that Kerry never answered the question about Nukes in Iran?

jdl22
10-09-2004, 12:51 AM
He was talking about private sector jobs. This is probably a better indicator of the economy, especially because governments tend to increase spending during election years and this will temporarily increase the number of jobs in the public sector.

GWB
10-09-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He was talking about private sector jobs. This is probably a better indicator of the economy, especially because governments tend to increase spending during election years and this will temporarily increase the number of jobs in the public sector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry is a Master of Deception. He lies about job losses in such a way that his spinners (you) can excuse his lie. So Kerry is a smart Liar. Is that what we want?

GWB
10-09-2004, 12:58 AM
He claimed that "we" (the Congress) balanced the budget in 1997, when it was the Republican majority that passed it while the Kerry liberals fought it at every turn. LOL

vulturesrow
10-09-2004, 01:24 AM
1. Said he wasnt against the Patriot Act, when he has been quoted saying he is against it.

2. Again he implied that Gen. Shinseki was fired for suggesting more troops were needed in Iraq.

3. I wont nominate a liberal judge to the Supreme Court. I find it hard to believe that even any liberals can swallow this one.

4. Sneak and peek searches aka delayed notification search warrants. The Patriot Act didnt create these. It merely put into writing a precedent that has long been upheld in the courts.

5. The US is bearing 90% of the casualties in Iraq.

These are a few that jumped out at me.

andyfox
10-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Smart would be nice. We already have a liar.

GWB
10-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Biggest lie of the night:

Asked if he would pledge not to raise taxes on people making $200,000 or less, Kerry said: "Absolutely yes, right into the camera. Yes - I am not going to raise taxes."

Daliman
10-09-2004, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kerry is a Master of Deception. He lies about job losses in such a way that his spinners (you) can excuse his lie. So Kerry is a smart Liar. Is that what we want?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than a dumb liar...

PITTM
10-09-2004, 04:02 AM
care to elaborate? or are you just going to act like we should take what you say as fact because youre the most obvious conservative propagandist on this board? i really hope you realize how 0% your credibility is on these issues.

rj

JayLeno
10-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Agree - Bush=IQ 50

jokerswild
10-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Just read these desperate posts.
Why does he lie about yellow cake?
Why does he lie about the Social Security trust fund??
Why does he support outsourcing, and tax cuts for comapanies that do?

He'll tell any lie, and spin any of his flip-flops to hold on to power.

The list of Bush Administration "liars" includes Bremer, Clarke, Tenet, and O'Neil to name a few. Anyone that tells the truth is a liar if it exposes Cheney's puppet.

The once and future king
10-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Tell me about those reasons for war again

GWB
10-09-2004, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest lie of the night:

Asked if he would pledge not to raise taxes on people making $200,000 or less, Kerry said: "Absolutely yes, right into the camera. Yes - I am not going to raise taxes."

[/ QUOTE ]
care to elaborate? or are you just going to act like we should take what you say as fact because youre the most obvious conservative propagandist on this board? i really hope you realize how 0% your credibility is on these issues.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that you were not able to find anything on the debate on the Internets. This is like all over the Internets. So I am going to help you out.

Here is a bit of Tim Russert analysis on the Kerry Tax pledge:

Russert: I never thought I would see another, “Read my lips, no new taxes” — ever in my lifetime.

You know, in the rules for the debate, it specifically says a candidate cannot make a pledge and challenge another to meet it. Well, a questioner raised the question, so they didn’t break the rule.

But John Kerry is now firmly committed to never raising taxes on anyone who makes less than $200,000, period.

from MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5961048/)

If you recorded the debate, save the Kerry tax pledge clip. If the country ends up suffering a Kerry victory, you will see that clip hundreds of times in the next four years.

PITTM, please learn how to use the Internets, you won't regret it.

GWB
10-09-2004, 02:31 PM
http://www.federalreview.com/jeffc/frcartoons/kerrydebate.gif

PITTM
10-09-2004, 04:10 PM
a) you dont need to use an s at the end of the internet.
b) im glad he is only raising taxes for people making 200k plus and not for people making under that. i think that is what his base of supporters want. what is wrong with having platform piece that rewards your base of support? bush's tax cuts obviously favored his base of support, not kerry wants to change that. what is the problem?

rj

challenger84
10-10-2004, 12:11 AM
"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard, and VX nerve agent…. The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. - George W. Bush, State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003"

Oops. You lose Mr. Jingoist.

Kenrick
10-10-2004, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is wrong with having platform piece that rewards your base of support? bush's tax cuts obviously favored his base of support, not kerry wants to change that. what is the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

People are selfish just because they got a 2% cut and someone who makes a dollar more than they do got a 3% cut. Rich people make the world go 'round. Next time you lose your job, try to get one from the homeless guy down the street. "Rich" people STILL pay higher taxes than "poor" people after Bush's cuts. Hey, Kerry, raise the gas tax again. At only 50 cents per gallon, I don't think I'm paying enough per mile yet.

Boopotts
10-10-2004, 04:00 AM
He was speaking of the private sector.

The public sector has seen a job increase, which seems ironic considering there's a Republican in the White House.

PITTM
10-10-2004, 04:08 AM
youre missing the point, my view is that rich people should pay the most by far. that is why kerry is considering the tax points he is, because he wants to play to that demographic. why are you suprised?

rj

tubbyspencer
10-10-2004, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He claimed that "we" (the Congress) balanced the budget in 1997, when it was the Republican majority that passed it while the Kerry liberals fought it at every turn. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you admit that a balanced budget is a GOOD thing, hunh?

GWB
10-10-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you admit that a balanced budget is a GOOD thing, hunh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is a good thing.

Unfortunately, Clinton left me a recession, and 9/11 thrust us into a War on Terror (much more expensive than peacetime). The fact that Clinton left behind a weaker military didn't help either.

Still, the prospects of a trend towards a balanced budget is greater with the GOP than the Democrats. Getting the economy growing through my economic plan (and its growing now) will do a lot to reduce deficits.

InfernoLL
10-10-2004, 04:41 PM
When did he lie about yellow cake? Back that up with a quote or some actual details. When did he lie about social security? Again some info on what you're talking about would be nice. Finally, Bush doesn't support any type of specialized outsourcing tax cuts, that's nonsense. Left wing propaganda at it's finest. And if you ever get the chance to learn some economics, you'll find out that outsourcing is good for the economy. Don't take my word for it, do some research.