PDA

View Full Version : A9s TP vs a tight raiser and gambler

Fnord
10-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Table is tight/passive with one really loose spot and a couple other reasonably bad players
MP2 is playing over 50% of his hands and calling down with anything, sometimes less
Button hasn't gotten out of line, I figure a top 8% hand

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Fnord calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Fnord checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Fnord bets....</font>

Fnord
10-09-2004, 03:15 AM
*bump*

Too aggro?

bigfishead
10-09-2004, 03:37 AM
I dont like the preflop call against this player. No real value in it. win little/lose lots situation.

That being said, if he raises you on the turn, instant muck.

If you bet out on the flop and he raises you, instant muck.

I didnt notice, if the "gambler" called the flop/turn bets. I dontlike the checkraise on the flop even more, now that I think about it. If the checkraise will push the gambler out and leave you heads-up with the tight-ass. More +ev lost. Betting out the flop brings in the Gambler and tells the button where your at. Which is what you actually want in this situation. If he can beat you or has TP/GK flush draw(wasnt the ace offsuit to the board?) you will usually know and have a better idea of how to get out cheap with no outs to speak of. But if you have him beat (say he has QQ) you isolate the gambler which is where you make money/lose less.

So betting out is my choice on the flop. AGAINST THIS PLAYER.