PDA

View Full Version : UTG raise, I´m in MP with JJ

Deelah
10-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (9.83 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.83 BB

I´m a tourny player just playing in fixed cash games occasionaly. I have plans to get better so please help me with some easy ones in the near future. Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

How did I play this hand, the three-bet preflop is a must right?
Should I bet on the flop although there is an ace on board and as much as three other players in the pot?

flub
10-08-2004, 10:43 PM
I think you played this fine. You could fold or 3 bet this preflop. either one is fine imo. Post-flop is fine. You can't win every hand.

Best regards,
flub

DyessMan89
10-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I wouldnt have bet on the flop, but besides that you played it good.

JasonP530
10-09-2004, 02:40 AM
In most loose agressive Party 15 games, 3 betting is a must, unless raiser is a total rock. Occasionally you can just call, but it will make it much harder to play the hand after the flop, and other people will likely join you. Think you have to bet the flop at 12-1 or so. If noone has an ace, you will likely win. You never know in these games. Besides, maybe a Jack comes off. You certainly cant check and call with that hand.

Deelah
10-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Thank you very much guys, Im going to a big live tournament now for two weeks but when I return I will need some more help! Thx again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif