PDA

View Full Version : NL ultimate bet hand!

02-05-2002, 05:22 PM
Last night on UB. Shorthanded w/5 players including me my stack is $20 after losing to slowplayed Aces by player to my right. Stack sizes range from $10 to $30. Im in the cut-off w/KQos UTG calls the 25 cents, I call, button calls, sb folds, and bb checks flop comes AK5 rainbow all check to me and I bet $1. BB folds and utg calls. Turn is another King. He checks and I bet $5. He calls. Im sure hes not slowplaying AK otherwise he prolly ewould have raised here. River is a 9 w/no flush possible. He bets $10. And now I was pretty sure he wants to bet his trips for value but K9 was the only hand which worried me. I call and K9 was turned over. Any comments and critiques welcome on all plays including amount bet on turn.

thanx, JP

02-05-2002, 06:10 PM
I was playing and remember the hand. I kinda assumed you had a bigger King. I think you played it fine. One could argue that you should have raised pre-flop with only 1 limper although I probably play it the same as you did. He hit his only outs to win the pot out-right.

The other thing I remembered about the hand is you did no whining or complaining after the bad beat!

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

02-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Thanx Ken. Was hoping you'd post. I failed to mention the fact that he slowplayed AA on me all the way to the river a few hands back then did almost the same thing and bet out $5 on the river before me. Thats why I thought it was a value bet. Oh well.

thanx again, JP

02-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Like Ken, I like all of your bets.

Better luck next time.

-Marlow