PDA

View Full Version : an interesting 2+2 hand

cnfuzzd
10-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Standard 2+2 table. MP1 is Dids, and CO is some random schmoe who doesnt know how to call two cold on the turn. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.75 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font>

I knew from the get go that an ace would kill me. I knew that dids was tight. Discuss.

peace

john nickle

Entity
10-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Preflop:

The call seems suspect. I know if I were Dids or schmoe, I'd be more concerned when you call two cold than if you capped on the button. I think you hide your hand's strength more by capping.

Flop call good. Pot is huge and you aren't driving anyone out, and it's likely you have the best hand.

Good 3-bet on the turn. Put dids on AQ or KQ?

River bet is standard.

Entity
10-08-2004, 07:26 PM
I'd like to hear other opinions on this hand. C'mon people. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

radek2166
10-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Heres my opinion. I raise preflop. Since you know Bdis is tight You CC no worries. I put him on AA KK AK OR QQ. That is if hes tight and solid like you say.

Flop Now I raise the CO, DIDS raise you can Put him on AA. Dids calls. I rule out aces more likely he has AK hearts maybe?

Turn Looks fine to me.

River standard.

I will say this I am not sure what Dids has
If he is playing AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he does not raise the river shame on him.

The more I think about it I think he has AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Then I think some more and I have no clue. If he has the /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's and does not raise the flop shame on him for 6 weeks.

I last thought AA an he took it easy on you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cnfuzzd
10-08-2004, 07:58 PM
i think people are misunderstanding and think that i thought i was behind at any point in this hand...

peace

john nickle

Bez
10-08-2004, 08:03 PM
MP1 has AQ. I'd cap pre-flop.

cnfuzzd
10-09-2004, 12:03 AM
why cap preflop. Villian is not a typical 2+2 maniac. He will appreciate the strength of my cap, especially since i tend to cap with any decent hand, and usually coldcall with crap. Also, i want to keep people in the hand since i likely have them very dominated. Im curious if anyone else thinks that capping preflop is more +ev.

Coldcalling: my new 2+2 strategy. That, or bluff-posting.

peace

john nickle

Entity
10-09-2004, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why cap preflop. Villian is not a typical 2+2 maniac. He will appreciate the strength of my cap, especially since i tend to cap with any decent hand, and usually coldcall with crap. Also, i want to keep people in the hand since i likely have them very dominated. Im curious if anyone else thinks that capping preflop is more +ev.

Coldcalling: my new 2+2 strategy. That, or bluff-posting.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm...I didn't know that you had a known tendency to cap with good hands and coldcall with crap; that changes the preflop play a bit. I also remember that Dids raised 82o earlier in the session, but I haven't played any hands against him -- so no read if he's lagtastic or playing TAGGY, and consequently it's a bit closer between capping and calling. You miss out on 1BB by not capping, assuming Dids calls your cap, but I think you make that up postflop since your hand is so well disguised.

When someone coldcalls at the 2+2 tables, it generally scares me more than if they were to raise. If Dids knows that you coldcall with crap and raise with premium hands, then playing it the way you did is probably ideal.

Rob

wuwei
10-09-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop call good. Pot is huge and you aren't driving anyone out, and it's likely you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he likely has the best hand and won't drive anyone out, why not raise? Let's get that pot size increasing. Also, if someone is going to catch an ace on me here and beat me, I want them to pay as much as possible to tag along.

I'm curious, please elaborate more on why the flop call is good. I'm not clear on why it's worth continuing to disguise the power of our hand here.

Entity
10-09-2004, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he likely has the best hand and won't drive anyone out, why not raise? Let's get that pot size increasing. Also, if someone is going to catch an ace on me here and beat me, I want them to pay as much as possible to tag along.

I'm curious, please elaborate more on why the flop call is good. I'm not clear on why it's worth continuing to disguise the power of our hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]These guys aren't going to chase their Ace outs here. They will call a raise here, but the opportunity for earning 2x more when the bets double is diminished if they don't catch a helpful card. Dids will bet this turn quite frequently I think (judging by the texture of the 2+2 games), and John earns that extra bet when Dids either hits his hand or bets out.

(I'm a little tired right now, so if I reread that tomorrow and it doesn't make sense, I'll rewrite it).

Rob