PDA

View Full Version : Red Sawks Lineup

andyfox
10-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Pretty impressive when the guy who won the batting title last year is batting 9th.

daryn
10-08-2004, 05:14 PM
by the way, why the hell does chris berman always try to say "red sawwwx" in some dumb new york accent? nobody talks that way in boston. we just don't pronounce R's

adios
10-08-2004, 06:16 PM
C'mon Andy you're trying to keep expectations low for the Yanks when they play the Red Sox.

andyfox
10-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Are you trailing me over here too? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nothumb
10-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Yeah, well, he's not winning any batting titles this year.

Anyway, we like having him there so Damon can get some RBIs.

You guys are the ones with a 242 million dollar infielder playing out of position and hitting thirty points below his career average... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm wondering what we'll do in the series without a DH.

NT

andyfox
10-09-2004, 01:06 AM
"I'm wondering what we'll do in the series without a DH."

Francona managed in the NL. He knows what to do.

Rick Nebiolo
10-09-2004, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm wondering what we'll do in the series without a DH."

Francona managed in the NL. He knows what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

For many years I sort of gave up on baseball. I had relocated out here and was already sick of the whining players with the big salaries. But when my brother came out a few months ago I enjoyed a wonderful game (Boston versus Anaheim). Call me a fair weather fan, but I'm starting to get into it.

Anyway, are you saying there is no DH in the whole World Series this year? If so, I assume they alternate one year with DH, one year without it.

Maybe this is a stupid question but for the World Series why not allow DH in AL home games and not in NL home games? Wouldn't this be more fair?

~ Rick

Michael Davis
10-09-2004, 01:25 AM
"Maybe this is a stupid question but for the World Series why not allow DH in AL home games and not in NL home games? Wouldn't this be more fair?"

This is exactly what they do.

-Michael

adios
10-09-2004, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trailing me over here too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not you specifically. I'm getting geared up for the Red Sox-Yankess ALCS, it should be a great one don't you think? Oh yeah the Yankees haven't gotten in yet but they will so I don't expect you to say anything about the ALCS yet. It ain't over till it's over.

andyfox
10-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Indeed, the Yankees still have their work cut out for them. It will be a surprise if Vasquez beats Santana tomorrow, so it will most likely be a game 5 in New York on Monday. This will give the Red Sox an advantage over either New York or Minnesota on Tuesday even though, as the wild card, the Sox will be on the road.

There are a lot for reasons to dislike Kevin Brown, but the man came up big tonight.

The Yankees/Red Sox series was a fantastic one last year, capped by one of the most memorable games in baseball history. If the Yankees do make it, the two teams will be hardpressed to improve upon last year's showdown.

adios
10-09-2004, 01:55 AM
No offense to Twins fans but I do hope the Yankees make it to the ALCS as I would really like to see the rematch.

nothumb
10-09-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense to Twins fans...

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess you only talk that live isht in the Politics forums... you talk baseball like a puss. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Who cares about the damn Twins? I hate the damn Yankees but I can't wait to play 'em.

NT

lastchance
10-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Even more enjoyable would be to watch what happens the Red Sox or Yankees win the ALCS. I bet most of you wouldn't stop posting for days. In the meanwhile, they'd just get swept, big, by either the red-hot Astros (they will be if they get there) or the toughest lineup in baseball, or maybe even the Braves.

The Red Sox and Yankees are not the two best teams in baseball this year, and going in, and they're not going to be the sheer hottest either. Yankees haven't even won the ALDS yet, still have to beat Santana and Radke. Twins should have enough to be capable of winning the series.

daryn
10-09-2004, 09:15 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
they'd just get swept, big, by either the red-hot Astros (they will be if they get there) or the toughest lineup in baseball, or maybe even the Braves.

[/ QUOTE ]

NL sucks.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-09-2004, 10:38 AM
The wonder of the AL.

Imagine, you can actually craft a lineup that allows you to put multiple points of stress on your opponent's pitcher. Compare that to the NL, where you give the other pitcher a breather every couple of innings.

The rule in the NL that forces the pitcher to bat is the stupidest rule in sports.

Now that ought to stir the pot a bit. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bisonbison
10-09-2004, 11:10 AM
NL sucks.

The man speaks the truth.

Ed Miller
10-09-2004, 12:35 PM
The rule in the NL that forces the pitcher to bat is the stupidest rule in sports.

Dude, whatever. Seeing the Unit bat makes the NL worth watching.

nothumb
10-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Plus, the opportunity to hit the other team's pitcher is pretty sweet.

NT