PDA

View Full Version : 44 in MP

mmbt0ne
10-08-2004, 04:07 PM
SB had been loose pre-flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="green">Hero raises</font> ...

That's all you get. I want to know what people think about this raise. I'll post the rest of the hand and results after some comments.

btspider
10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Tiny pot. I call and raise the field on the river when I have a hand worth showing down.

CWsports
10-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Exactly what spider said.

LaggyLou
10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
I luuuv pairs. But one limper is just not enough for me to call in MP3 or later with 44. So I fold preflop.

The turn raise is likely -EV, IMO (it would be OK if MP1 hadn't called). If your read on SB is loose he could well be stealing. The problem with the raise with the call in between is that (1) it is unlikely that MP1 will fold and (2) for you to be ahead here SB has to be stealing with nothing and MP1 has to be on a draw. All that being said, it might well be ok IF there was any money in the pot but there is not. It's a 2 BB pot. It's a 4 BB put when it gets to you. Are you _ahead_ 1/3 or even 2/7 of the time here with a bettor AND a caller?

mmbt0ne
10-08-2004, 04:58 PM
I was confident both SB and BB would play along pre-flop. With my late position, is 3 callers still not enough to see a flop?

Am I ahead 2/7 of the time with a bettor and a caller? Definitely not. Thanks for that. Luckily it all turned out well for me though.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

MP1 shows 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHIG.

Brain
10-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I don't think you're ahead here unless you hit the 2 and I don't think the raise is going to force everybody out.

Thumbs down.

emonrad87
10-08-2004, 07:00 PM
I agree with the preflop limp, especially if you know that the blinds and maybe late position will play along. If you hit the set, you'll win big. I will play practically any pair if the table is fairly passive preflop. But once all overs come, with that many people in the pot, you gotta fold. With really small pocket pairs and a lot of people in the action, you are hoping to flop a set or maybe a stragiht draw. once you dont, just fold.