PDA

View Full Version : QQ - what to do?

John Paul
10-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Played this hand,
Started with QQ, but did not know what to do as it went on. Any suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

I bet here figuring that I had no reason to think anyone had a K. If someone had raised me I might have folded though

River: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Once the raise hit I figured I was probably dead, but perhaps UTG+1 had a smaller pair and was hoping to scare me.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

sluttysteve
10-08-2004, 03:28 PM
You did fine.

DeathDonkey
10-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Without a read this is fine. You can't fold. You could 3 bet against the right people. Don't get in the habit of folding this turn...now if it were an Ace and the action was different, maybe. Just call it down against unknowns.

-DeathDonkey

John Paul
10-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. The player I was up against was one of those passive types who tends to limp in the pot and often folds - so it is hard to get any read. I had not been playing very long, so I did not get a sense of what sort of hands he was winning with yet.

JoshuaD
10-08-2004, 03:38 PM
I would have played it the same way. Stay with that bet on the river, checking is tempting, but I think you're better off betting for value.

radek2166
10-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Let me guess he was playing Kxs? Looks fine to me.

John Paul
10-08-2004, 04:26 PM
The villian here was playing K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He missed his flush but got trips instead.

Gordon Scott
10-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I think UTG + 1 Played it bad. He should have raised the turn maybe even the flop.

I find myself check calling the river in these spots more often than I should and getting shown smaller PPs. I think u played fine. He's just as likely to show you pockets 10s or JJ so for me it's an easy river call.

Best of Luck