PDA

View Full Version : played it right?

02-02-2002, 03:10 AM
5 5 PL

I have J9s a few callers then small blind pots to 30. Me and another call.

Flop comes J 9 6 rainbow. Small blind pots I reraise and he puts in my last $100 - although he knows he's beat. I am psyched up until turn is Q and river and A - he shows AA and wins.

1) What are my chances on flop

2) Was he correct in calling (knowing there would be $100 more)

thx -

02-02-2002, 05:06 AM
He has 5 outs to beat you on the turn and 8 outs on the river. You should win 73% to his 27%.

How much did you raise him after the flop? There was roughly a $100 pot pre-flop. After the pot, he bets the pot and you see the 100 plus raise R. He calls the R plus raises your last $100. You call the $100, so final pot size is $500 + 2R.

I hope someone will double check this math. By my calculations, he is correct to call your flop raise if R

02-02-2002, 07:11 PM
when you potted it he was faced with getting 2-1 (he put your last 100 in cause he knew it would be.

If he calls your pot he is getting 2-1 which is not enough for the odds he had (28%).

Factoring in the "you may not have it possibility" he may have to make the call. Life happens (-:

rs

02-04-2002, 09:17 AM
firstly .. i'm always very wary of the big and small blinds when they raise, and i usually put them on a monster, so i may have folded J9s in the first place, depending on chip position, and what odds i was getting in the pot.

but its true you got unlucky now having flopped top two pair .. but put yourself in his position.

if i had AA, J 9 rag is near a dream flop for me. not only is it the hardest hand to fold, but i would have to put you on a set, as i would hope my raise would put out J9 offsuit, and i'm not exactly going to put you on J9 suited. so if i was going to fold everytime some reraised me on a flop like that, when i was holding premium, i would lose a lot of money. i would probably have to go all in, and pray that you have AJ. i doubt many players would have folded in his position, i certainly would not have.