PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker $ Problems

TakenItEasy
10-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Sorry, I'm new to these forums and I couldn't find quite the appropriate forum.

I'm sure many of you use Party Poker and I was wondering if this experience has happened to anyone else. Recently Party Poker withdrew $100 from my bank account Through IGM Pay and I don't know why. The money did not get deposited into my Party Poker acct and Party Poker confirms this. After many hours on the phone over the last 3 days Plus sending them my bank statement twice (they say they lost the first one) plus the fact that they never called back when they said they would and the fact that they heve locked down my account, so I can't even get my money out that I had there, while they try to sort this out I am simply at their mercy.

It may have been foul play since my name was spelled wrong in my bank statement for that withdrawal only and not the other legitamate ones. PP also sent me an automatic verification request for my bank account again, apparantly for that withdrawal, which was already done. Now I fear that I will have to change my bank account which will be a great hassle since I use it for most of my automated bill payments. I have run out of options and PP seems to be dragging their feet. I was hoping that someone here could share a similar experience.

TimM
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
It sounds as if someone else got your bank account information and used it to make an IGMPay deposit to a different PP screen name. I would contact your bank and tell them that this withdrawal was fraudulent.

I think anyone who has seen a check from you could record the account and routing number, and your name and address, etc, could try to pull this off. This would explain the mis-spelled name and second verification request.