PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Debate Poll - Who will "win" tonight's Town Hall debate?

IrishHand
10-08-2004, 01:34 PM

tanda
10-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I voted slight Bush win because he needs it more and a candidate on the ropes usually does bounce back. Losers of the first debate are helped by lower expectations.

It is important to the outcome of the election because Kerry can kick clear into a real lead with a win and Bush can regain a clear lead with even a narrow win.

Also, if Bush wins, it will probably be due to this ability to get traction with the new strategy of attacking Kerry's liberal record instead of obsession with just his inconsistency. If the line of attack is successful at the debate, it will open a new area of vulnerability against Kerry in the coming weeks.

Conversely, if unsuccessful, then it may show that the GOP is out of bullets.

Also, I believe that gay marriage will be discussed tonight. The issue is a big loser for Kerry and big winner for Bush regardless of the merits of the issue. And Kerry has not taken the heat from the issue since the campaign has started. Before November 2nd, Kerry will need to deal with the issue.

GWB
10-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Good job guys, I am pleased that expectations for me are so low. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nepa
10-08-2004, 07:05 PM
I'll be this will be the only time that you'll ever vote for Kerry.

Matty
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good job guys, I am pleased that expectations for me are so low. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately for you, the nation as a whole doesn't reflect the views of 2+2 posters.

Peca277
10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
I voted slight Bush win because after his terrible first debate, even a tie will be viewed as a win for him. I'm sure Karl Rove has him well prepared to compensate for his mistakes. I hope that Kerry doesn't get cocky because that will only hurt him. Hey Grey, try to make fun of yourself a little bit tonight... that's all America has yet to see from you /images/graemlins/smile.gif If Kerry can show himself to be one of the guys I think he'll be able to pull ahead right through the election!