Eihli
10-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Ready to play in approximately: 48 minutes 40 seconds
48 minutes 39 seconds
48 minutes 38 seconds
48 minutes 37 seconds...

SnakeRat
10-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Me too, sadly I have a multivariable calculus exam to go take so I won't be playing for a couple hours yet. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wacki
10-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Please give a review. CS ROCKS!!!!

That is the half life 2 version right?

SnakeRat
10-08-2004, 09:29 PM
This morning I saw that they released counterstrike: source. I gave them my credit card number and 54 bucks later I now have most of HL2 and CS:S on my PC. It was a much smaller download than I expected, I am guessing it doesn't have the HL2 textures or other content, just the engine. Sadly, I can't play HL2 until its released to the public.

So I start CS:S up and find a server with 18 ping, I am awestruck. The map was cs_office and it looked like a real office. The computers can be blown to bits, you can clearly make out the asus motherboard and ATI Gfx card. The physics are unbelievablly cool. Glass breaks like real glass, its hard to describe but the effect is amazing. Things flip over and bounce like you would expect. Icicles hang from the eaves and player's movements are quite fluid. The first time you shoot somebody and they fall over a sofa or tumble down the stairs you will realize how far CS has come.

The maps have the same layout as the old ones but with the attention to detail and creative additions they have gone from Rosie O' Donell to Salma Hayek.

If you like CS this will knock your socks off. The gameplay is exactly the same except they made grenades and flashbangs more effective and fun to use. Thankfully they removed shields, in CS I would never play on a server with shields.

Anyway I have to wrap this up since my lady is hungry and ornery.

bottom line:

It is counter-Strike with incredible graphics/physics and sound effects.

wacki
10-09-2004, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The computers can be blown to bits, you can clearly make out the asus motherboard and ATI Gfx card. The physics are unbelievablly cool. Glass breaks like real glass, its hard to describe but the effect is amazing. Things flip over and bounce like you would expect. Icicles hang from the eaves and player's movements are quite fluid. The first time you shoot somebody and they fall over a sofa or tumble down the stairs you will realize how far CS has come.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETWEEN POKER, GRAND THEFT AUTO, AND COUNTER STRIKE I'M DOOMED!!!!
DOOMED I TELL YOU DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you really identify the asus mobo? Screenshot?

Drooooooolllliiiiinnnnnnngggggg.........

SnakeRat
10-09-2004, 01:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/coreys281/cs_office0000.jpg

wacki
10-09-2004, 04:57 AM
Oh my, that is so cool. It's even a chieftech case, aria psu, an Asus A8V mobo, and ATI 9600 video card. Oh, my!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

I'm screwed, I tell you I'm totally screwed. I'm soooo going to get fired.

Snakerat... Thank you, and at the same time damn you... Damn you to hell.