PDA

View Full Version : Easy One

NegativeEV
10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I've been running a little bad lately and am needing some confirmation on what I see as a simple situation.

Party $50+5, First hand

UTG+1 calls T15, folded to Hero in MP. Hero has AK /images/graemlins/club.gif and raises to T65. Button calls, UTG+1 calls, and three players see the flop.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 bets pot (T220). Hero pushes all in.

I think this is a simple push in the first hand of a typical $55 SnG with no notes on the UTG+1 player. Correct?

TheDrone
10-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Seems straightforward to me. A pot sized raise would be ok if your stack was bigger, but it's the first hand. K8 is unlikely, KQ or KJ is most likely, 88 or 55 is possible but most people do not fast play a flopped set.

NegativeEV
10-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks Drone,
I just needed a logic check here as I've been starting to question those things that I've always viewed as simple in light of a recent tough run. I've started to make some poor plays and am needing to right the ship quickly.

I took a long time to make this push and he turned over KQ after calling. My AK held up, but my hesitancy on the push decision gave me concern.

ChrisV
10-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I think call is good. The board has no draws on it so I'm keen to try and milk UTG for more.