PDA

View Full Version : amatuer play, amatuer mistake

jah0550
10-08-2004, 11:59 AM
I think this was a horrid play on my part, but what does everyone else think? Last night on Party ($10)-5 handed. Blinds are t200. Hero(1200) is in the SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif. Villian(3200) limps UTG. Two folds. SB completes and BB checks.
Flop
10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero moves in for 1000. A bad play? Alarms should have been going off in my head when UTG limped, but he had been pushing his stack around on everyone else, so I didn't put him on a real hand. The villian quickly called and showed Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Turn and river were no help. Was my play too aggressive or the right one?

rjb03
10-08-2004, 12:07 PM
I'd push preflop here if there is no way to assume big pocket pair here.

jah0550
10-08-2004, 02:23 PM

Cartridge
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
amateur spelling

ilya
10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
amateur spelling

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he's just urging us to embrace murder as a way of life.

on a slightly more helpful note...i agree with popular opinion on this one: push preflop unless you have a very strong & reliable read on UTG. the flop push looks fine.

durron597
10-08-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alarms should have been going off in my head when UTG limped, but he had been pushing his stack around on everyone else, so I didn't put him on a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had been pushing his stack around on everyone else, and he just limped here, I would be playing extremely cautiously. Though it's hard to be cautious with blinds this big. I think your play was fine.

DrPhysic
10-08-2004, 05:08 PM
You are right. Mis-spelled.

After the long thread on punctuation the other day, as well as this one, I wish to suggest a little forbearance with the criticism of the use of English.

Please remember that many of our members are playing poker and posting in second or third languages, as they are from European countries that have two or even three required languages before they also learn English.

That, of course, is not an excuse for our buddies from UK, who can't speak or spell the language despite their heritage.

Doc