PDA

View Full Version : The overpair on a monotone flop trick (I don't have one.)

MoreWineII
10-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Live 6/12 loose-passive game that sometimes wakes up.

Hero is UTG+1 w/ Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds, hero raises, guy to my left 3-bets, several other players race to cold-call.

5 players to the flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, guy to my left raises, everyone else folds.

3-bet or just call? Guy to my left was the BB in the other hand I posted this AM. He was loosey pre-flop but decent post-flop.

His possible range of hands: TT on up. AK, AQ with a (or two) big club(s).

InchoateHand
10-08-2004, 11:46 AM
If your opponent isn't beating you, don't scare him away. I think you left out some possible hands--ie, AJo, which he raises the PFR with on the flop in the timeless fashion of folks who believe all PFR have AK and didn't catch a piece of it. If he has the A /images/graemlins/club.gif and anything he could likely do this as well.

This could well be a sanity call down, providing a 4th club doesn't fall. If there are a lot of red undercards, I would consider raising the river, a la http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1109848&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1

sluttysteve
10-08-2004, 11:46 AM
A big made flush would've waited until the turn/river to pop you, no?

I think you're only behind AA and KK, I'd three-bet and see where it takes me.

InchoateHand
10-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I think he is also behind JJ.

tolbiny
10-08-2004, 11:57 AM
and getting free rolled by the other QQ...

sluttysteve
10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Yessuh, ignore me.

MoreWineII
10-08-2004, 12:02 PM
AJo isn't a hand I think he'd 3-bet me pre-flop with. When I say he was loose pre-flop, I mean he played/cold-called w/ too many hands.

InchoateHand
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Sorry---I went straight to the flop action...my bad.

MoreWineII
10-08-2004, 12:49 PM
I probably gave this guy too much credit. Against most players, I would have 3-bet the flop and gone from there.

But I just called, the turn (a blank) was checked through and when another blank hit the river, I bet.

Guy to my left called and showed black TT for second place.