PDA

View Full Version : Can I Lose Less Money Here?

parappa
10-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I think my attempt to increase my aggression has led to a bit of a "when in doubt, bet" philosophy. I'm not sure that this is all bad, but I wonder if betting my naked overcards into two preflop raisers is good practice. Check the flop? Surely I have to bet or checkraise the turn, and call down on the river.

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (17.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 19.70 BB

Rico Suave
10-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Parappa:

Yeah, the flop bet is bad. You want would like to see the turn here, but you want to do it cheaply. When you bet that board into a preflop 3-better and a preflop capper, you can expect to be raised somewhere around 100% of the time.

The turn and the river are fine.

--Rico

bisonbison
10-08-2004, 11:36 AM
check the flop.

Don't put the results in the thread title.

flair1239
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Pretty good chance that you are ahead. I think we are all thinking AA-QQ. But AKs and AKo are also possible.

I would actually consider three-betting the turn. If it gets capped check call river. If you are just called I lead out on the river.