PDA

View Full Version : 6 Player S&Gs

chill888
10-08-2004, 05:31 AM
Any thoughts in strategy changes in 6 player S&Gs?

At stars where levels move by time, since you start with less you people you get more hands, so there's more time to bbe cautious. Of course this is offset by the need to be a little more aggressive - even early - at a short handed table.

Any other thoughts?

gl

pooh74
10-08-2004, 11:53 AM
This is my first post but Ive played 1000s of SNGs (all on PS). I played the 6 player 12+1 on PS for awhile and had a lot of success. I use the opposite strategy I would use in a Turbo (on a turbo or party sng playing very tight early letting a few maniacs go out then start playing aggressive at 100 level)

On a 6 player, I think of it right from the start as a late SNG only that the blinds are lower and hence we are deep. So lots of early limping looking for big hands but never afraid to let go if someone shows strength. I almost play "weak" passive (no need to steal or get aggressive at 20BBS) at the first couple levels then depending on the action and # of players left I pour it on at the bubble 3 or 4 handed. limp with lots of hands and try to double up but try to avoid 1 on 1 early on. I really believe this is the ONLY format where it actually profits to be weak early on. These can be quite profitable and dont require as much patience as a regular SNG.