PDA

View Full Version : QQ 4 ways for 5 bets - Live 15/30

Glurfle
10-08-2004, 05:19 AM
15/30 at Artichoke Joe's. Super loose limps in EP (will play any 2 for 1 bet and call down any piece of the board for multiple bets), medium tight/sort of passive guy raises in MP (probably 99+/AJs+/AQo+, give or take. He's usually pretty tight, but the table's been taking turns trying to isolate EP, maybe he wants to take his shot), I 3-bet with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif, new guy in LP 4-bets saying "what the hell, cap". I think he doesn't know that the cap is 5 bets. EP calls, MP calls, I 5-bet, everyone calls. Mild surprise from LP about the 5-bet, but nothing really concrete. 4 to the flop for 21 SB, more or less.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to me, I bet, LP raises, EP and MP call, I call. 14.5 BB.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif
Checked to me, I bet, LP folds, EP and MP call. I really thought I was going to get to 3-bet this. LP claimed later that he had AKs.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, EP and MP call.

Preflop, flop, and turn comments welcomed. River I assume is automatic.

garyc8
10-08-2004, 06:28 AM
I only cap (I play in 5 bet cap games too) QQ pre-flop when I'm pretty sure it's best. Since you don't LP 4-bettor it's hard to know if his 4 bet means you're beat. (A lot of players who know me will only come over my 3 bet with a monster; useful) I can't really argue with your cap since it looks like you had the best of it.

I think LP told you the truth. As soon as I read that he folded to your turn bet I figured "Big Slick down."

Your stop & go seems reasonable. With that board you don't want to give free cards.

If LP had raised again on the turn, what would you have done? Calldown mode?