PDA

View Full Version : Key Hand from Super Thursday

jslag
10-08-2004, 01:57 AM
Cferejohn and Che suggested I post this hand from Super Thursday. I sort of already went over it in the other thread... but please critique..

I knew I was beat, as once the guy pushed I was certain he had a better pocket pair or a huge draw like AhKh, to which I'm a dog.

Should I have folded this preflop after I'm re-raised? After the hand he told me he had AA (certainly played that way). How's the flop raise? His bet smelled, but I didn't want to call off more chips because if an overcard comes, and it likely would have, I would have no idea where I am at.

The opponent was very tight. I didn't really see him show anything other than AA, KK, QQ, and AK.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB <font color="purple">(TightStack)</font> (t12295)
UTG (t4104)
UTG+1 (t12717)
MP1 (t13160)
MP2 (t7080)
MP3 (t8440)
CO (t1664)
Hero (t15227)
SB (t7968)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1600</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(TightStack)</font> raises to t2600</font>, Hero calls t1000.

Flop: (t5500) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">TightStack bets t1000</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t3500</font>, <font color="CC3333">TightStack raises to t9695 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t18695
<font color="green">Main Pot: t12500 (t12500), won by TightStack.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t6195 (t6195), returned to TightStack.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. TightStack wins t18695. </font>

Che
10-08-2004, 02:27 AM
jslag-

I just wanted you to post this so I could see what you folded getting 3:1 for the call. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

If I remember correctly, there were 81 left with 80 paid so I think you have to give him credit for a big hand here. He had an above average stack so fooling around with the minreraise preflop and the minbet postflop screams big hand when he finally comes over the top.

I would definitely have called the preflop reraise and played for the set. Ending up as an overpair gives you two options:

1. Call the minbet and take another cheap card.
2. Raise and then fold to a push.

Not sure what I would have done, but I think both lines are fine.

Nice playing tonight.

And why did you let me push with 75o? /images/graemlins/frown.gif That's my best move since I bluffed a guy with A-high when he had quads. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Che

jslag
10-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I think calling his flop bet would have been a better line, but then again for 3500 I found out what I feared -- I'm beat and have at most two outs. And being in the money was a big factor for me, I still had 9k left after folding. Never really got back over 13k after that though.

I had just gotten back to the rail when you were pushing over that guy. He actually paused for a good 5-10 seconds which made me think he was folding, then he calls and turns over the flopped nut flush. I like the move though. I used the stop'n'go about three times tonight, and each time it worked. 75o is a monster for a bad luck player like you! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now if I could just not go broke with AQ... still hating myself for not being patient enough. I know I could have moved up another money spot as I had enough for 3-4 more orbits. Oh well, next time.

J.