PDA

View Full Version : Help Please ..

01-25-2002, 02:32 AM
In a 5/10 Half pot game there are about 7 players, i have QQ. i make it 30 straight. 5 callers. flop comes 6 6 9. checks round to you i bet the full amount of 80. person under the gun reraises 160 .. everyone else folds and it is my action ..

situation, i have been playing fairly aggressively and betting quite a few flops, all be it with good cards. i am quite certain that raiser thinks that i am trying to buy the pot, as i assume he would have flat called me if he did indeed have a 6 and bet or raised me on the turn. so i call, thinking that perhaps he has A9 and i am wanting for him to bet on the river, as i believe that if i reraise all in, he will fold .. i had 270 left in chips .. leaving me with an additional 110 ..

any suggestions on what anyone else might have done?

01-25-2002, 10:17 AM
Why would he call UTG with A9?

Ten virtual dollars says he had either four 6's or nines full.

Folding would have been a good move.

01-25-2002, 11:12 AM
we really do not know enough about how he plays, etc to make a decision--it's one of those cases that can only be made then and there

BUT seems you shoul either fold, or move in.

01-25-2002, 09:00 PM
it turned out that he had A8 offsuit ..

it was a correct read .. i probably should have moved all in .. a 7 on the turn gave him an up and down straight and the a 10 on the river gave him a 10 high straight ..

01-26-2002, 05:43 PM
LOL!

I was drunk when I posted - is that an excuse?

Feeling like a prat

Toffeeman