PDA

View Full Version : Bad fold?

diablo
10-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between MP3 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP3 (12 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP3 has As 8c (two pair, aces and fours).
Button has 7s 6d (two pair, sevens and fours).
Outcome: MP3 wins 12 BB. </font>

dr. klopek
10-08-2004, 12:23 AM
no. good fold. your kicker isn't getting you anywhere and there's a flush and paired board. If you have any reason to believe the Button's raises are legit, you can get rid of this hand here.

Entity
10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Please don't include the results with the post.

It feels like you're beat, but a read on your opponents would certainly help here. A fold is tragic to the ego, but isn't terrible in terms of poker -- I never would've checked the turn, though, so I can't really say what I would've done had I checked and it been 2 bets back to me.

Rob

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
10-08-2004, 01:36 AM
The real problem w/ this hand is that you limped UTG+1 w/ ATo. That is NOT a good play. Auto fold this hand in any position except for a steal attempt (or if SH).

norgule
10-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Really?
Auto fold this hand pre-flop?
SSH states on pg.74 , while discussing little offsuit broadways, and I quote 'fold all of these hands
in early postion with the exception of ATo and KJo in loose games' It also states you can play these two in mid postion
if loose players have already limped. Lastly it states you can raise with these hands on the button in an unraised pot
, if the pot is short handed.
Now don't get me wrong , I'm sure you know what your talking about, and I understand SSH may not deal specifically with micro-limits. So this is really a question.
Are you saying certain hands listed on the opening recommendations page of SSH are not necessarily good to play in micro-limit games. Or to phrase it another way, is it possible by following those recommendations I am playing too loose?

I apologize for piggy backing this post, but to me this issue seems relevant and would help me a lot.(I think)

diablo
10-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Yeah I was multi-tabling and thought I was in mid-position so I limped in, I always play the starting hands according to the SSH tight-limit strategy. I thought it is ok to limp in with AT from mid-position?

CWsports
10-08-2004, 02:25 AM
I tend to fold ATo in EP. In MP or LP I'll limp in if there is already a limper(s) in front of me. If I'm the first one in I will raise with it.