PDA

View Full Version : What was the best way to play this

01-24-2002, 08:31 AM
Heres a hand I really messed up,

Half pot game,

Im on the button and get delt a pair of jacks.

I raise, everybody folds execpt for one guy who calls. The flop is just a bunch of low cards (no straight or straight draw) there is a flush draw though. I don't know this guy very well but he appears to be quite a loose aggressive sort of player. He acts first and bets out, I call (In hindsite I think I should have raised) if I did raise though I was certain he would have called it. He wasn't the sort of guy that folds much.

The next card is a king. He comes straight out and bets half the pot looking very serious.

My initial thoughs were oh he must have at least kings. Then for some stupid reason I changed my mind. I paused and then though nah mabey he made top pair on the flop and is drawing for his flush. I just couldn't tell.

I raised, he called. The last card didn't change anything, No flush or anything else scarry showed up. He bet half the pot and like a fool I called it. It turned out he had King little suited. He had been drawing for his flush (at stupid odds) since the flop. When the king showed up on the turn he had me beat and I payed him off all the way to the river.

Any advice ?

How should I have played it when that king showed up on the turn. That was the hardest part

??