PDA

View Full Version : check my thinking pls

AdamL
10-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Preflop is marginal.

In retrospect, I would have prefered to raise this flop to find out where I'm at, but fell into a "if I'm behind I want to save bets, if I'm ahead I want to keep him bluffing his hand" mode of thinking.

The turn raise is for a few reasons:

1) I want SB to fold a king. Yes, I think he's folding a king on this board if it's two bets back to him. He shouldn't have slowplayed.

2) If UTG+1 has a flush draw, I get my bets in when I'm ahead.

3) If he doesn't, I'm going for a showdown checking behind him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font>

AceHigh
10-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Preflop is fine, raise the flop. I like the turn since you played the flop the way you did.

crockett
10-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Pre-Flop: Fine, not marginal IMHO.

Flop: Raise, you have a strong but vulnerable hand and have position to possibly see the river for free if a scare card for you falls.

Considering what you did I think your line was good.

Thoughts:

[ QUOTE ]
I want SB to fold a king. Yes, I think he's folding a king on this board if it's two bets back to him. He shouldn't have slowplayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think SB has a king, but if he does he will never fold it. He was the pre-flop raiser out of the the SB. This gives him AK, AKs, KK, KQ, KQs and possibly KJs. Are you folding these hands? And yes because he bet the flop he would probably not check the turn so it is unlikely he has these hands (probably JJ) but if he is thinking and noticed that someone will definately pick up the betting on the turn it is a perfect opportunity to get in a C/R.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I think it is unlikely, in fact I think HE'S the one with the K or JT.

I hope you won but it looks like K with a weak kicker.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-22-2004, 08:23 AM
there are a couple of flaws with your line.

[ QUOTE ]
1) I want SB to fold a king. Yes, I think he's folding a king on this board if it's two bets back to him. He shouldn't have slowplayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) SB doesn't have a K because he would have bet the turn.

2) I don't think he comes to life on a delayed flush draw bet. He likely has a K.

And finally, raise the flop. Waiting for the turn to raise doesn't work in this case because it's not all that likely that the preflop raiser/flop bettor will bet into 3 players on the turn with a hand that can't beat your holding.

Generally speaking, if he bets there's a good chance he has overs or AQ and has you crushed. If he checks, he missed the flop and turn and isn't stupid enough to bet into 3 players on such a co-ordinated board.

Alobar
10-22-2004, 11:45 AM
no way is SB folding any K he has that was worth raising from the blinds with.

I wouldnt even rely on 90% of the 3/6 players to fold Kxo for two bets