PDA

View Full Version : vp debate, how can cheney get away with this?

busted_player
10-07-2004, 07:39 PM
well, good ole dick said

1) 'freedom is the best antidote to terror' -- about afganistan. so why are they destroying bill of rights here in usa? but the biggie is

2) where he put forth el salvador as a model for afganistan. that is, he was proud of american involvement in central america in mid 80's. ugh, reality check time? or are most voters just too uninformed to realize what cheney was referring to (does iran-contra ring a bell? death squads?)

what's next, cheney saying the american plan and victory over the indians (native americans) is a good model for war on terror? (eg, genocide). why does nobody call him on this kind of stuff?

busted_player
10-07-2004, 07:44 PM
another one. cheney says if kerry cant stand up to howard dean (political pressure to move towards anti war stance) how can he stand up to al kida?

huh? youre basically calling the guy someone whos gonna be half a traitor because in a presidential election he moved towards the middle on policy issues?

man cheney really must know where all the skeletons are buried (mixed metaphor i guess) for no one to even question him at all. scary.

cardcounter0
10-07-2004, 07:48 PM
You missed one. In regards to the "lies" about Halliburton he said you could go to and an independent web site factcheck.com and see that it was untrue. Well, if you actually check it out, most of Edward's position was supported.

Just like the El Salvador statement, make a bold face lie and rely on the ignorance of the average American not to catch it.

If someone complains, crank up the media echo chamber to keep repeating the lie until it becomes the truth, or claim you were misquoted or misunderstood and then repeat a slightly different version of the lie. rinse-repeat.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 07:52 PM
im watching it right now im about 27 minutes in.

in response to edwards saying troops sent without body armor and admin cutting their combat pay once they were over there (or lobbying to cut it) ,

all dick could say was, well so many inaccuracies, and troops wouldnt have what they have today if "you" (edwards/kerry) would have had your way.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 07:58 PM
total spin whopper.

cheney said US is not taking 90% of casualties. said iraqi's making valuable contribution to take their country back from 'terrorists'. uh-huh.

btw, i think kerry/edwards are super liars too but they have the luxury of not having to defend decisons (yet).

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
yeah factcheck.com and dick looked pretty silly when he said he was for lifting sanctions on iran when iran was/is (as opposed to iraq) developing nuclear weapons.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:09 PM
but atrocious when edwards kissed israels ass when he said US should sanction iran because 'they are a threat to israel'.

well gee, i didnt realize we should invade countries because they are a threat to other countries. and edwards said israeli p.m. was gonna withraw from gaza. gee, i'll believe that when i see that.

GWB
10-07-2004, 08:10 PM
1) Your demogoging on the Bill of Rights is silly. We are fighting to preserve the freedoms included in the Bill of Rights.

2) Supporting a country against a communist takeover attempt is fighting for freedom. While the government in power had big flaws, those flaws were not reason enough to abandon the entire country's future to a Communist dictatorship.

Cheney has it right, you have a warped view of reality.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:15 PM
do u support death squads?

GWB
10-07-2004, 08:18 PM
I don't support murder on either side, but I do support freedom for the people. Do you support the people's right to democracy? or is a Commie takeover OK with you?

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:19 PM
economics i think they are both full of shiit.

i think cheney scored a good point when talking about the deficit he said that during primary edwards said kerry's plan would increase the deficit. way to go dick, you scored a point!

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:27 PM
well how u gonna fight communism if you arent gonna murder people? phoenix program in vietnam, to argentina, to nicaragua, etc. etc. etc.

historically US has been pro death squad. its a fact. the onlyh reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

btw, some federal judges are throwing out parts of the so called patriot act as unconstitutional. and way to go on realeasing that terror suspect hamdi that u had in custody for years with no lawyer and no charges. everybody thoght he must have been a real dangerous guy, that is until you released him because he hadnt done anything. talk about unamerican.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040922_1736.html

'He had contested his status as an enemy combatant, and the Supreme Court ruled in June that Hamdi and others like him could not be held indefinitely without seeing a lawyer and getting a chance to contest their incarceration in court. That led to the negotiations for his release.
'

GWB
10-07-2004, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well how u gonna fight communism if you arent gonna murder people? phoenix program in vietnam, to argentina, to nicaragua, etc. etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
The US is not about murdering people. Rogue elements of our allies may conduct murder, but US military created casualties are not murder. I hope you understand that. Freedom isn't free.

[ QUOTE ]

the only reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if people knew what was really going on in the '80's in Central America, the left could not get away with spreading tall tales. The US did good for the people of that region but we don't get credit for it. Doing good is its own reward though.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:49 PM
do u dispute the phoenix program in vietnam was a US assassination program? killing south viet civilians.?

busted_player
10-07-2004, 08:57 PM
edwards made a good rhetorical point when he framed quesiton of 'for US people or for drug companies', and admin was for 'drug companies'.

good debating skill, but i think under kerry would be exactly the same if not worse.

lastchance
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the only reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if people knew what was really going on in the '80's in Central America, the left could not get away with spreading tall tales. The US did good for the people of that region but we don't get credit for it. Doing good is its own reward though.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's crap. Just because the US is defending itself and because they're the US doesn't mean what they're doing is fully right. Sometimes, the ends do justify the means, IMHO, but, you can't say we're doing good for the people when all we really want is to keep Commies out.

Of course, I'm just a n00b who has no idea about Central America and Iran-Contra at the time, but if it's like Vietnam, you can't say we were doing good, when we support an incredibly corrupt government.

busted_player
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
well dick said in closing that US has captured or killed 'thousands of al kida'.

well, name one. as far as i know, everyone they have in concentration camps in cuba and elsewhere (like hamdi) have been released or have admittedly provided no information (ie they were innocent)

andyfox
10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
El Salvador was not an attempted Communist takeover. It was, however, a takeover by fascists, supported by the United States. It was worthy of the Mafia. Your appointment of the supporter of thugs in Central America, John Negroponte, shows what you think of democracy: very little. And your party has always been quick to brand those who you don't like as Communists with either no evidence, or fake evidence.

Shame on both you and the vice president for thinking that our support of the El Salvador murderers was a good thing. It was disgusting and a betrayal of American principles.