PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 PLHE hand

01-22-2002, 05:09 PM
This hand came up in UB's 1-2 plhe game last night. Game is 6 handed I'm on the button with Q-10o. First player makes it $5 to go, all fold to me and I call. SB calls and BB raises to $8, we take the flop 4 handed. Flop comes Q-10-A rainbow. SB checks, BB bets $20 into the $32 pot and initial raiser calls. I have a little over $100 and both of these players have me covered. What's my move???

01-22-2002, 05:22 PM
A perfect example of why not to play QT. You are behind AA/QQ/TT/AQ/AT which are possible hands for either player. Even KJ is possible.

Does the small raise and small re-raise mean anything for these players? Do they only do that on big pairs/small pairs/big aces?

I think you have 2 options. Raise the pot which is most of what you have or muck quietly and hope you wouldn't have won /images/smile.gif

I probably muck but I wouldn't have called in the 1st place /images/smile.gif

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

01-22-2002, 06:23 PM
The move is folding before the flop every time. Q10 sucks and you will make many second best hands. This is a much greater mistake in the PL game than in limit. Since you called (hey everyone makes a bad Preflop call now and again), I would move all in on the flop (or at least raise the pot im too lazy to add right now). These types of marginal situations can be avoided by tighter preflop play. Hope you won!

Jeff

01-22-2002, 09:52 PM
Just to put the cold stamp of reason on all the above posts you called with a bad hand. Q,10 offsuit is a pitiful hand and it gets you in deep trouble. Disipline yourself to throw such hands away. I wanted you to hear this from three people so that it sinks in for good.

Your move is either to commit your stack or fold. I would just fold and do battle with a different and better hand. If you commit you have a draw to a full house but may still get beat even if you hit it. Another reason the hand was garbage to begin with.

Good luck with your play.

02-03-2002, 05:41 PM
dump it.