PDA

View Full Version : AKs

The Dude
10-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Party Poker 5-10, 9 handed. Villian in this hand is decently tight, and seems reasonable post flop, although he's only been at my table for about 5 orbits.

Preflop:
Villian raises UTG+1, Hero 3-bets in MP w/ A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded back to villian who calls.

Flop: (7 SBs) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villlian checks, hero bets, villian raises, hero calls.

Turn: (5.5 BBs) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian bets, hero calls.

River: (7.5 BBs) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian checks, hero bets...

lil'
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
You seemed to go into call-down mode after the first raise. I'd three bet the flop.

The way the hand played out, I bet the river every time.

The Dude
10-07-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seemed to go into call-down mode after the first raise. I'd three bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I called the flop planning to raise the turn, but the turn card changed my mind. Comments?

Alobar
10-07-2004, 07:04 PM
looks fine to me. I like the turn call as opposed to a raise when the Q drops. When he checks the river, a bet is definately in order.

lil'
10-07-2004, 08:15 PM
I was thinking it didn't seem like you to call down like that.

If there are potential scary cards that might make me not want to raise the turn, sometimes I 3 bet the flop. Depends on the opponent and how scary the cards may be.

The Dude
10-07-2004, 09:10 PM
I only slow down on the flop vs opponents whom I know able to lay down mediocre hands, or if i know they'll keep bluffing all the way. Sometimes the turn card ruins my plans, though.

Villian called my bet and had KJs, MHIG. How many people here in villian's shoes go for the check raise on the river with KQ and TT? If that's not your default play, you're leaving a lot on the table.

LivingLegend58
10-07-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Villian called my bet and had KJs, MHIG. How many people here in villian's shoes go for the check raise on the river with KQ and TT? If that's not your default play, you're leaving a lot on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that TT would check raise the river. Maybe if You had 3 bet the flop, maybe.

The Dude
10-08-2004, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that TT would check raise the river. Maybe if You had 3 bet the flop, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only the most passive players will, in my position, not bet with any hand that's calling.

Alobar
10-08-2004, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only the most passive players will, in my position, not bet with any hand that's calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with that, most players gladly take the free showdown and pray their hand is good and then just be glad they got the pot.I think going for river checkraises when youve been the one dominating the action the whole way, is a big mistake against all but the aggresive opponents.

turnipmonster
10-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I think the river checkraise is a great play with this board!

--turnipmonster

The Dude
10-08-2004, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think going for river checkraises when youve been the one dominating the action the whole way, is a big mistake against all but the aggresive opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody on this forum who has played against me will tell you I love to checkraise the turn and river - especially after putting in the last bet/raise on the previous street. It doesn't work all the time, but then again it doesn't have to in order to be the correct play. With the action I gave villian, checkraising is definately the best play vs most opponents in that game. I firmly believe that my tendency to cr later streets like that is a key component to why I kill those tables for so much.

bernie
10-08-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many people here in villian's shoes go for the check raise on the river with KQ and TT? If that's not your default play, you're leaving a lot on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Player dependent isn't it? In many games i play in, if you check the river, it gets checked through.

b

LivingLegend58
10-08-2004, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the action I gave villian, checkraising is definately the best play vs most opponents in that game. I firmly believe that my tendency to cr later streets like that is a key component to why I kill those tables for so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit giving away your secrets you table soccer hustler.

The Dude
10-09-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quit giving away your secrets you table soccer hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]
I want everyone else on the forum to learn from this fish's mistake. When someone whom you are beating handily (for example, say, 7-0 in a first-to-10) offers you a bet on the current contest - and you know your opponent definatlely cares whether he wins or loses - you should consider the possibility you are being husseled.

Unless, of course, you have a secret desire to be the next contributor to The Dude's wall. In which case, you should take the bet and then whine like a bitch when you lose. That way you never really have to admit you wanted to lose.