PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this right?

Lost_Dogs
10-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I was just in Vegas this past weekend, and I played a live game for the first time. I was playing 1-3 hold'em at Excalibur. Overall, I got crushed, but there were 3 or 4 hands with large pots that I thought I played right but wound up losing. Here's one, and I'm wondering if I was too aggressive or if it was just bad luck.

I had pocket aces and raised pre-flop. I was re-raised by the person right after me, and wound up calling. At this point it was just the two of us in the game, as everybody else folded. The flop was AKK, giving me Aces over Kings. In my mind, I had to go for it all. I raised, he re-raised, I re-raised and capped it off. The next two rounds, the same thing happened (a 4 and an 8 were on the Turn and River...i wasn't worried about suits, as a flush counldn't beat me). After capping the river, I showed my full house and he showed his 4 K's. Considering his re-raise pre-flop and him being aggressive, the thought of KK was in the back of my mind. However, there were more hands that he could've had pre-flop that would've fit into his betting (AK, KQ, KJ, etc). How would you have played this hand?

lil'
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
You were destined to lose a stinkload of chips here. What can you do? Just be thankful they have a cap there.

sluttysteve
10-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Cap against your opponent's preflop reraise.

Everything else I play the same. Just bad luck.

me454555
10-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Why are you posting this? Are you really lost as to what to do in this situation? Do you think that you can learn something from this thread the next time this exact situation comes up?

I appologize for ragging on you but this is type of thread that really has no learning value to it. You got unlucky and lost a boatload of chips nothing you can do move on.

ddubois
10-07-2004, 09:31 PM
There's one way for him to have KK and two ways for him to have AK, so you're going to win 65% of the time. I really don't think he's going max speed on every street with KQ/KJ, unless you have a read he is a maniac.

I could probably make an argument for just calling the river 3-bet, but it wouldn't be very compelling.

jedi
10-07-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you posting this? Are you really lost as to what to do in this situation? Do you think that you can learn something from this thread the next time this exact situation comes up?

I appologize for ragging on you but this is type of thread that really has no learning value to it. You got unlucky and lost a boatload of chips nothing you can do move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give him a break. He's obviously new here and it WAS his first live game.

Stellastarr
10-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Too bad there wasnt a bad beat jackpot. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Photoc
10-08-2004, 02:44 AM
There is a badbeat but not on 1-3 tables there. 2-6 and better have Bad Beat jackpot possibilities.

me454555
10-08-2004, 02:56 AM
I did appologize to him, that was my second paragraph. My post wansn't directed specifically at his post but the numerous posts like this one. I see a bunch of them all the time and its frustrating to watch some of the more educational hands get burried 3 and 4 pages deep in 10 minutes. I think we can all agree that we can learn more from a hand like "pushing 2nd pair against a maniac" than another bad beat post.

Rudbaeck
10-08-2004, 07:19 AM
From the flop on you played it well. Always re-raise preflop with aces. No need to 'hide' your big pocket pair at these limits.