PDA

View Full Version : Qualified for a 42ppl $300 ausie tourney. Any advice?

Sixth_Rule
10-07-2004, 05:09 PM
I play tonight at 11:15
i mostly play limit online and no limit with my friends
i've won one of five 3 table $30 sit n go and placed in one other.
In two qualifier of 40 people for a $600 i've gotten 5th and 4th

this is a winner takes all tourney with nothing going to second. Any quick tips would be apreciated, especially on AK AQ AJ as i don't really know what to do with these hands. Also some advice for when it gets down to 4 people to heads up is needed if i get that far.

Zinzan
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a winner takes all tourney with nothing going to second. Any quick tips would be apreciated... Also some advice for when it gets down to 4 people to heads up is needed if i get that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, this isn't exactly a winner take all tourney. This is a satellite, and one out of every 42 entrants will win the big prize (trip to Aussie and tourney seat), and any remaining money will be split (based on finish) by the top finishers outside the big winners.

For example, if there were 120 entrants in the satellite, 2 would win the trip to Australia, and the additional $10,800 would be split: 50% for third, 30% for fourth, and 20% for fifth.

So your play would depend on your goals here. If the money is important to you, then bubble time is the final seven or eight. If you are only aiming at the trip to Australia, then the bubble would be once you get into the final four.

Just keep in mind, if you are only aiming at the Aussie trip, you don't have to play to win, just to get in the top two. You'll be very happy to get there with only one chip remaining.

Good luck.

-Z

Sixth_Rule
10-07-2004, 11:14 PM
the tourney was capped at 42 so um no
its winner take all

Sixth_Rule
10-07-2004, 11:15 PM
nt

LethalRose
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
nt