PDA

View Full Version : KJo from BB

Vollycat
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Sorry I don't have the converter for an easy read, but did I play this correctly or fall into my 'weak' habits?

PP 1/2 full ring. 5 callers to the flop including hero (BB) checking and small blind completing. General read is a mix of players. I do respect the button player, as he seems to make value betting when the board shows right.

Hero=KcJs

Flop: Kh, 3c, Jd

SB check, Hero bets, UTG +2 calls, MP1 calls, Button raises, SB folds, Hero 3 bets, UTG +2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: As

Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Button raises, Hero 3 bets, UTG+2 folds, Button calls.

River: Qh

Hero checks, Button raises, Hero calls.

Should I have bet the river? My major leak is weakness/aggression factor so there is a good chance if Button knows what he's doing, he knows this.

TheHip41
10-07-2004, 05:03 PM
For what its worth, I check call this river. He might not have a straight, but he's not folding a hand that you beat, and he might raise you with a higher two pair.

Vollycat
10-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Hero shows: KKJJA
BUtton shows: KKQQA
Button takes pot.

Now with his hand, I would have not folded to a river bet and when I checked the river he obviously smelled weakness and then bet. I felt I had to call but does anyone fold here? Bet the river? I can't see how the river would necessarily be a 'value' bet...but that is a topic I'm trying to learn too.

witeknite
10-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't put him on AK since there was no PF action, but he definitly caught a piece of the flop. Would he raise middle pair? If not he has K something, but the question is what? KJ should have capped so that leaves KT and KQ.

I really don't know what I would do on the turn here. Since I didn't see this post until after the results were posted, I'm having a hard time not thinking about what he had, and it's affecting my thoughts on this street.

As for the river though, I definitly would have check/called. The Q might have either completed his str8 or made him a better 2-pair. There's to many ways a reasonable player has you beat. If your read on the button is correct, than I think check/calling was right.

WiteKnite