PDA

View Full Version : what cell phone provider has the best coverage?

bwana devil
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I live in Texas and travel to all the small po-dunk towns in the state for work. Sometimes my cell phone doesn't work when I get there and my wife doesn't dig that so much since she doesn't like to be home alone in the first place.

Who here has switched services and found one service vastly superior over the other? I currently use T-Mobile.

Thanks much.

bwana

beerbandit
10-07-2004, 04:53 PM
i have sprint pcs

and my phone is currently off because i smashed it--if that tells you anything.

....wait, service isnt why....oh yeah, to much wine while playing online poker.....doh!

i like my sprint---good service, nice phones, i rarely do not have service(i live in mich.) in certain areas my phone goes into roaming. either analog roam or digital roam, whatever the hell that means. seems like alot of people have nextel (i do, my work phone) i just hate that walkie/talkie, especially for non-work conversations. it loses service where my sprint does not.

cheers
beer

wacki
10-07-2004, 04:59 PM
I dropped sprint because of too many holes in their coverage. I've been in 15 states in the last year and have only lost signal in a few small pockets in the US with verizon. Sprint was a completely different story. Sprint has great sound quality, Verizon guarantees good coverage, and occasionally you get great sound as well. It all depends if you are in near a 800mhz or 800/1,800 mhz tower.

WEASEL45
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
i don't know about texas, but in california Verizon has the best coverage

astroglide
10-07-2004, 05:13 PM
consumerreports says verizon. i've had sprint and nextel. nextel was better than sprint, but my new verizon phone (service) beats them both.

The Dude
10-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I can't speak with authority on Texas, but in Washington, SoCal, Hawaii, and the I-5 corridor between WA and CA Verizon has by far the best coverage. I have had a cellphone with Sprint, AT&T, Cingular, and Verizon. I left Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular because of terrible customer service. I have been satisfied with Verizon's customer service for the 3 years I have been with them.

James Boston
10-07-2004, 05:48 PM
I've had Verizon since they were GTE and I've never had a problem.

Ed Miller
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
I've been in 15 states in the last year and have only lost signal in a few small pockets in the US with verizon. Sprint was a completely different story.

Of course it is just anecdotal, but I dropped Sprint for the same reason. Switched to Cingular and have had no problems so far. And rollover minutes is sweet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
10-07-2004, 06:31 PM
I have AT&T and it is OK but i have heard alot of people rave about verizon.

Michael Davis
10-07-2004, 06:33 PM
You need to research your specific area. That is obviously most important. Verizon is unquestionably best nationally, but there are certain areas where others may be better. Check the archives of the local papers for articles, or just go to the lobby of an office building and ask people as they walk by.

-Michael

wacki
10-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Or go out to the boonies/state park and ask someone there. If it works in the boonies you know your good!

The Dude
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Remember how I owned you HU? Yeah well, Verizon is more superior to AT&T than I am to you, biatch.

bwana devil
10-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. I will take a look at a few suggestions and focus on Verizon.