PDA

View Full Version : Card Player Magazine...

Ionphore
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
I recently got a card player subscription (through UB points) seeing as I had nothing to spend them on of interest. I had never been an avid reader of it, I was surprised to find its more then 50% ads. And really has very little hand discussion or useful poker content for a poker player who has already been around the block a bit. I also was surprised to find, that on their website they post every article thats in the magazine and there is less ads. Also, the articles on the website are up there 2 weeks before I get my copy in the mail. Does anyone feels like a card player subscription is hardly worth it, other then having a magazine lying around? Just wondering if anything had much positive to say about card player.

beerbandit
10-07-2004, 03:19 PM
i read some of the articles on the web. the subscriptions used to be 150 bucks a year for a bi-monthy subscrition. that didnt seem very appealing. they used to have free copies at the poker room i play at (not anymore though).

well if you do alot of reading on the crapper, online isnt very practical ---- it might be more appealing to you. you may be able to use if you run out of paper if all else fails.

cheers
beer

M2d
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anything had much positive to say about card player.

[/ QUOTE ]
they give it away free and some players get all of their strategy advice from it.

seriously. a "strategy" article comes out in the mag, and, all of a sudden, that's the move of choice among some players. if you know which ones, it makes for a much more readable opponent base.

Toro
10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
When I used to got to Foxwoods every week I would pick up a free copy and had an OK opinion of the magazine. Since the Poker boom and all the crowds and since I started playing on-line I hardly ever get down there and started to miss the magazine.

So I bought a one year subscription. Now that I've paid for it, it doesn't seem worth the money. Definitely will not renew.