PDA

View Full Version : A dream-like UB PL hand

01-19-2002, 08:31 AM
Once upon a time a very, very tired fellow (as is no doubt apparent by the narrative of this post)was playing in a 6 handed 1-2 pot limit Hold-em game at around 6:30 AM. He was on the tail end of a real marathon session in which his cards were pitiful and his winnings non existent. In this particular game, he was stuck about 20 bucks, and had been playing for hours and hours, mostly just folding and missing flops. He even resorted to the old seat-change superstition- which yielded little results at first. The game was 1-2 PL, and upon changing seats, our hero was down 80 from his original 200 buy-in. He made it back up to about 180- mostly by picking off a bluff with 25s of all hands- after calling a pre-flop raise. Needless to say, this play, as desperate as it was, seemed to convince our hero's opponents that indeed he had gills. Some time later, he looked upon his computer screen at a wondrous sight- it was TWO ACES!!! After rubbing his eyes, he realized that this was indeed no mirage- the aces were real, and better yet, the player UTG had just made a raise to 5 dollars. Our hero paused momentarily, then decided to smooth call the raise and hope to trap his opponent. But low and behold another player called, and then, what was this... A mini reraise?

Another caller?? After a total of 5 players called, it was 3 bucks to our hero. The pot had become something worth winning- so he made his move the only way he could- he hit it for the maximum. Now our hero had 48$ in the pot, and he figured to take it down right there and escape the night with a meager win- but wait... What's this? One? TWO?? THREE??? FOUR CALLERS???? Our hero had never seen such a thing- he was appalled and delighted all at once. The flop came down a seemingly harmless 10-5-4. Checked to our hero. He bets the remeainder of his stack, around 130. No- it can't be- ONE, TWO players call???

"This can't be good" thought our hero. The turn and river came down 9, 8, and our hero gripped his mouse in fear- He shows his AA. The next player, who is all-in, shows KQh (flop was rainbow)????? The next player takes longer than our hero would have liked, and then mucks. Its a miracle! Our hero has won a 525$ pot after folding and folding for hours and hours. Again he rubs his eyes and stares in amazement at the computer screen. Why and how this hand happened, no one can say for sure, but for this online poker player it seemed, well, like a dream...

01-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Oh well, my first post in this forum really just consist of two words: Nice hand. =)

01-19-2002, 04:32 PM
Nice hand!

I played PL last night for about 4 hours. I have never seen such bad cards. I had 2 low pairs the whole evening.

So I leave the room and then comeback in a minute later to see who took my seat. Sure enough that player doubles up $100 on AA.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com